User Tag List

Thread: A Different kind of program.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Different kind of program.

I'm working on a Valet ticket program for the company I work for in my spare time and trying to figure out how I would integrate the barcode scanner client setup that is in the lobby with a server app on the computer app in the valet booth. Any incite would be useful. I've tried to come up with some ideas but it is a little more difficult when all I see on these forums is about game creation and I know Fusion can do way more than just games.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little more detail would be helpful. I assume the barcode scanner client scans the barcode and "perhaps" save the data to a database or log file. Also I assume the computer in the valet booth creates a ticket and saves the information to a database or log file. I also assume both computers are on same network. Am I correct? Do you admin rights to the data files on both computers?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    barcode scanner hardware acts like a keyboard most of the time, it should be a simple matter of taking keyboard input and parsing it.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could have both clients connect to the same MySQL database server and use that to exchange data by polling periodically (query a certain table every n seconds and take actions based on new records, for instance, then mark them as processed with a certain column).

You could also use Bluewing to communicate between the two apps, assuming they are on the same network.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this example on the clickstore of Lacwing/Bluewing self hosting (so the data doesn't go through a third party server:

Self Hosted Lacewing Example

Also wanted to say this is the kind of thing I'd really like to see more of, I am also interested in using Clickteam for more than just games.
    Images attachées Images attachées