Thread: Keyboard Movement replacement for Android Touchscreen

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Keyboard Movement replacement for Android Touchscreen

Hi,

I have a game I created back in 1995 with Klick&Play (the old 16-Bit exe was not working anymore). With Multimedia Fusion 2.5 I was able to load the old project file and build a new .exe file.
    This was working without any adjustments needed to the project, which is pretty amazing

Now as next step I like to make this working on Android.
    After some smaller issues with String Objects (visibility, position and size) the game is running also really well on Android (again amazing )
    What is now left is the control of the player. For Windows the Player is moved by the Keyboard Eight Directions Setting (active are only four: up, down, left, right).
    The game is a little bit like pacman, so you get an idea...

For Android I have now created four semi-transparent buttons for up/down/left/right.
    And for each direction an action like:
    while left mouse button is pressed & mouse button is over "button left":
    Player Position X = Player Position X - 1

This works kind of OK, but some issues:
    1. Changing the position by 1pixel is a little bit too slow, changing it by 2pixels is a little bit too fast
    2. it is difficult to change quickly the direction (e.g. running around a corner). This might get better with fine-tuning button size and position
    3. At some positions on the map I'm able to run through the walls (I need to check deeper how I implemented this, but works without issues on PC with keyboard)

My question would be (before spending more time in this approach):
    Is there a smarter way than this to implement the (pacman like) movement on Android?

thanks and kind regards
    Sebastian

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    did you try to use the joystick in android which is integrated to the movements in this case 8 dir?

to do so set in frame android properties the joystick as touch joystick, teh speed should be controlling by you setting this value in action
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    did you try to use the joystick in android which is integrated to the movements in this case 8 dir?

to do so set in frame android properties the joystick as touch joystick, teh speed should be controlling by you setting this value in action
    Hi Fernando,

thanks for your reply. I've now managed to setup the build-in joystick (as you described):
    Properties of Frame -> Android Options -> Joystick: Device: Touch joystick
    There is no need to change the Movement Type of the Object itself (this is were I was looking at).

I now also found this thread with an example
    https://community.clickteam.com/threads/87273-Android-on-screen-joystick-example?highlight=Android+Joystick on it:

On a quick check it works much better than my approach, also I can enable "Fire 1 button" were I can map an additional action (in parallel to the moment, which is not possible with my initial try).

kind regards
    Sebastian