User Tag List

Thread: Help with apps removed because of privacy policy Ad ID.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Help with apps removed because of privacy policy Ad ID.

I got two messages today from Google Play that two of my games have been removed from the store because of a problem with privacy policy Ad ID. Do anyone know exactly what I must do to rectify this? It is rather vauge and I don't know exactly what I must do. The full message for one of them was:

"After review, Plantera - Idle Clicker Farm, has been removed from Google Play due to a policy violation. This app won't be available to users until you submit a compliant update.

Issue: Violation of Usage of Android Advertising ID policy and section 4.8 of the Developer Distribution Agreement

Google Play requires developers to provide a valid privacy policy when the app requests or handles sensitive user or device information. We've identified that your app collects and transmits the Android advertising identifier, which is subject to a privacy policy requirement. If your app collects the Android advertising ID, you must provide a valid privacy policy in both the designated field in the Play Console, and from within the app.

Next steps: Submit your app for another review

Read through the Usage of Android Advertising ID and User Data policies, as well as the Developer Distribution Agreement, and make appropriate changes to your app. If you decide to collect sensitive user information, be sure to abide by the above policies, and include a link to a valid privacy policy on your app's store listing page and within your app.
    Make sure that your app is compliant with all other Developer Program Policies. Additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy violations.
    Sign in to your Play Console and submit the update to your app.

Alternatively, you may opt-out of this requirement by removing any requests for sensitive permissions or user data.

If approved, your app will again be available with all installs, ratings, and reviews intact.

If you've reviewed the policy and feel this removal may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team. One of my colleagues will get back to you within 2 business days.

Thanks for helping us provide a clear and transparent experience for Google Play users.

Regards,

Justine

The Google Play Team

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    oh here is a better explanation,

https://www.iubenda.com/blog/warning...-policy-issue/

you need to make a privacy policy and add to your game(s) explaining the user what you are collection and why.

then you go to next step EU need now a consent agreement from user when you show personalized Ads, that takes us to a new extension, if you don't want to collect any kind of information there is another way

1.- in admob dashboard check that the campaign will not be personalized this will remove the need of collecting data/ then in your application you must provide a frame where you explain that you don't collect any personal data and only explain the permission and point to the web site that you must provide in your application policy URL in the play store.

2.- the other way if you want to test I can provide you for testing the consent Eu extension + new admob that have this specific setting so you will configure your ads to be non personalized.

let me know
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    oh here is a better explanation,

https://www.iubenda.com/blog/warning...-policy-issue/

you need to make a privacy policy and add to your game(s) explaining the user what you are collection and why.

then you go to next step EU need now a consent agreement from user when you show personalized Ads, that takes us to a new extension, if you don't want to collect any kind of information there is another way

1.- in admob dashboard check that the campaign will not be personalized this will remove the need of collecting data/ then in your application you must provide a frame where you explain that you don't collect any personal data and only explain the permission and point to the web site that you must provide in your application policy URL in the play store.

2.- the other way if you want to test I can provide you for testing the consent Eu extension + new admob that have this specific setting so you will configure your ads to be non personalized.

let me know
    Thanks Fernando. I mainly use Chartboost Ads though, can I choose non personalised there also?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ok

admob
    chartboost
    ironsource
    leadbolt

and many others need this GDPR consent

that why now

there will be GDPR consent extension (i started inside admob, but many other does need this information) to ask user about the type of ads they allow personalized, or non personalized and with this information you may feed

admob chartboost ironsource, leadbolt etc.

if you want to try without asking for personalized ads i can provide you with new version of admob

you must set that user is above 13 (you need to ask) and set for non personalized ads

ads a small frame as mention above explain user for first time what is collected from your game and that should be Ok to go

oh don't forget the privacy policy though
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    ok

admob
    chartboost
    ironsource
    leadbolt

and many others need this GDPR consent

that why now

there will be GDPR consent extension (i started inside admob, but many other does need this information) to ask user about the type of ads they allow personalized, or non personalized and with this information you may feed

admob chartboost ironsource, leadbolt etc.

if you want to try without asking for personalized ads i can provide you with new version of admob

you must set that user is above 13 (you need to ask) and set for non personalized ads

ads a small frame as mention above explain user for first time what is collected from your game and that should be Ok to go

oh don't forget the privacy policy though

Thanks. But is it possible to just turn off personalized ads in these providers and you will not have to worry about anything about this?