Thread: How easy is Fusion to learn?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How easy is Fusion to learn?

Hello!
    I was not able to create a thread asking for help so I am posting here. (hope its ok and ppl see it)

I bought game maker studio close to 1 year ago and I have since utterly given up on it and admitted it's just too complex for me, I cannot get the grasp of gml at all and even after spending many dozens of hours watching tutorials on youtube.
    So I googled beginner game making software and Fusion popped up.

Before I buy this, I would like to know if any fusion users here had the same problem. ie GMS was too hard for you, but fusion isn't? if someone else is like that, then it gives me more confidence to buy this software. I do not want to buy it, if its just has hard as gml was to me.

Thank you again and sorry for posting here.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi interestednewbie. I have been with clickteam products since 1999. It is a piece of cake to learn, plus the community will rush to help you. GML sucks IMHO.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello interestednewbie! Fusion is dead easy to learn! The great thing is you can get very rewarding and satisfying results very quickly. If you visualize what you want to do, you can make it happen and just click the Run button to see it working without having to wait. I really think it's as simple as placing objects on the screen and telling Fusion where you want them to go and what to do with them, without having to write lists of code which has always put me off trying to proceed with other game engines. You just have to start with the built in Chocobreak tutorial to become familiar with Fusion.

"Follow this tutorial, and you will understand the basics of Clickteam Fusion 2.5, the interface, the events, the frame editor. All of it. And you will discover the power of this tool. This tool will enable you to create any kind of 2D game, presentation, educational software, CD-ROM without programming, and with ease."

Once you've started on your own project you learn more tricks as you go along. Many you can work out for yourself or by googling 'Clickteam' and whatever your query is. As Marv said this community forum has loads of members who will answer your questions, plus there are tons of tutorials on the internet including Marv's own excellent website http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm. The almightyzentaco has a brilliant YouTube channel full of easy to follow tutorials https://www.youtube.com/user/almightyzentaco and you can get free membership to the ClickFusion Academy or upgrade to Pro with a generous discount if you want. https://clickfusion.academy/join-clickfusion-academy/

The great thing about Fusion is that it automatically exports native builds for all the major formats and doesn't put your game inside some form of html wrapper. You can simultaneously develop your game once and export it for Apple iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, HTML5 and even Windows UWP and Xbox One without having to learn how to program in Xcode or Android Studio or HTML5 etc.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's so easy that with the 3 frames in the free version I was able to make a logo frame and pacman 1 level frame game with a game over screen frame with a high score table, in only 3 hours.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nice! Fusion is generally very easy to pick up, I'm glad you had a good experience with it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klik N' Play through to Fusion 2.5 have been my mainline development pipeline for prototyping, demos, and full games since... 1992/93ish? I have used Construct and Gamemaker series before but usually still use Fusion because I know it will do what I want it to do, easy to use and implement ideas, and there are TONs of examples online, some decades old that still help anyone learn game development.

The helpful community is not toxic or jerk faces. Most of us seem genuinely interested in caring about other's learning and ways to do things. There is a lot of respect for one another across peoples and geographies online. We all like to play each other's creations too and buy them!

Being able to export to various platforms doesn't hurt either. It is my 2d holodeck 8)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the nice comments @Xhadoe

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it is very easy to use for a beginner and only becomes more powerful the longer you use it and deeper you delve.
    Echoing what was said above, the community really do all they can to help you!

I have been in other communities where there is a level of elitist arrogance if a newbie dare asks a question that they think is obvious but there is none of that here.

I've been using click products since Klik n Play and loved seeing the tool evolve.
    I even beta tested Fusion 2.0 and the android exporter so can also attest to the hard work that goes into the products behind the scenes.

Try the free versions and once you get that first character moving on screen, you won't look back.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought Fusion 2.5 on November 2017 and learned the basics in the first month of usage by reading the embedded tutorials. In March 2018 I finished my first game, an advertisment project for my brother's company to be used in an expo stand, complete with intro, music, highscore and so on.
    I had some base knowledge in C++/C# and so I learned easily features like Fast Loop that, reading from the forum, are scary for many people, but dont worry as said by other users just feel free to ask and the community will give you help.
    To start I suggest you to try the free version, it is limited in frame numbers and other features, but is a good starting point to learn the basics, the tutorials can be done with the free base version.
    After the tutorial you will be able to evaluate if the product is good or not for you.
    Good luck.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to be scared of fast loops and they are now the backbone of any engine I make.
    Can't imagine not using them now!