User Tag List

Thread: Collision between two objects

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collision between two objects

Hello everyone

I just started with this software and I'm having some issues with collisions. I started with simple yt tutorial and added player and an object that it could be collected. But no matter what I do, it simply doesn't work. I set collision between player and an object and then set object to destroy. Nothing happens. It does work however, if I replace "Collisions>another object" with "Collisions>Overlapping Another Object".

Now the question I'm asking is, why is this happening? I should also mention, that I managed to do it somehow first time when I followed his video but it didn't work like it should. For instance, if I stood under the object and pressed jump, nothing would happen. The player would simply jump through object. If I jumped down on the object however, it would instantly disappear. Jumping from the either side sometimes worked and sometimes didn't.

Using overlapping works like a charm but I still want to know what is wrong with the other option.

Thank you for any help or information

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I may have just found the solution by myself I had the animations set for moving and falling, but not for jumping. After setting the animation for jumping, I can collect the object from below as well as from any other side.
    Now I really want to learn and understand this software, so I still have questions Why is it, that I need to set animations for moving, jumping, falling etc. when using Collisions > Another Object and why does it work completely without any animations using Collisions>Overlapping Another Object?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey and welcome!

A lack of an jumping animation shouldn't affect the collision event like that. It is impossible to say what's going on without looking at your file, though.

A couple of things to be aware of, that might or might not have anything to do with this:
    There's a difference between collisions and overlaps. Collisions are immidiate conditions, which are triggered before all other events, and are only triggered on impact. Overlaps will continue to trigger as long as the condition is true.
    Some animations, as you have noticed, have automated behavior. This may sometimes interfere with your events. To be safe, you could make your own animation slots instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    Hey and welcome!

A lack of an jumping animation shouldn't affect the collision event like that. It is impossible to say what's going on without looking at your file, though.

A couple of things to be aware of, that might or might not have anything to do with this:
    There's a difference between collisions and overlaps. Collisions are immidiate conditions, which are triggered before all other events, and are only triggered on impact. Overlaps will continue to trigger as long as the condition is true.
    Some animations, as you have noticed, have automated behavior. This may sometimes interfere with your events. To be safe, you could make your own animation slots instead.
    Hey Popcorn, thanks for replying

I just realized I probably wasn't very clear by what I meant with animations I'll include the file if anyone is interested to look in it, but what I meant was, at bottom left (when you double click Active object) there are different animations. And I didn't set any frames for jumping. I just left it empty. I have frames for stopped and falling but not for anything else. I thought maybe it somehow affected collisions. But after testing it some more, I found out it doesn't make any difference.

In the included file everything technically works. What bothers me is, when collecting object from below, there is a delay between touching the object and said object disappearing. And I found out that if I stand below first diamond and then jump up and immediately press right, I will travel diagonally through the object without picking it up. (like in the picture I posted below)
    There are no delays when touching objects while jumping sideways or directly on to it and they always disappear instantly.

Any help understanding this would be appreciated

2018-09-30 14_23_11-Window.jpg

TestPlatformer.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the issue here is that you're using the Platform Movement object (which is wise, though!). This extension has its own way to deal with collisions, and I guess Fusion gets a little confused when mixing it with the collision condition meant for the built-in movements. The correct way to deal with collisions with this extension I believe would be to have an Test for obstacle overlap condition from the extension mixed with an overlap condition.

* [PMO] Test for obstacle overlap
    + Active is overlapping Diamond

I could be wrong though, I don't have a lot of experience with the PMO

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understood what you meant regarding the animations

I think the issue here is that you're using the Platform Movement object (which is wise, though!). This extension has its own way to deal with collisions, and I guess Fusion gets a little confused when mixing it with the collision condition meant for the built-in movements. The correct way to deal with collisions with this extension I believe would be to have an Test for obstacle overlap condition from the extension mixed with an overlap condition.

* [PMO] Test for obstacle overlap
    + Active is overlapping Diamond

I could be wrong though, I don't have a lot of experience with the PMO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're right

If I use [PMO]Test for obstacle overlap, I can then use both "collision" and "overlapping" between objects and it works like a charm
    It really bothered me, because I was following the tutorial step by step and the guy just did it without it. But then again, the video is dated back to 2015 and I guess a lot of things changed in Fusion and PMO.

Thank you very much, that was very helpful