User Tag List

Thread: Delete characters off a string?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delete characters off a string?

Since actual edit boxes don't scale very well to fullscreen, I'm exploring ways to turn a normal string into a kind of edit box. Is there a way to remove the last character of a string once the player presses the backspace button?

So, for instance, if a string said "Clickteam" and the player hit the backspace key once, it would then say "Clicktea"

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know how you do this but a way would be to have a edit box off frame and a string object. Then always set the string to the text in edit box.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

This functionality is in the expression editor:
    Left$( "ClickTeam", Len( "ClickTeam" )-1)

or You can use String Parser (if You need more options)
    on Parser Object Set source string
    and on your text object use a substring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would I get the player to select the edit box, if it was offscreen?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can bring it into focus with an event, so even if it's not visible it's "selected."

Always
    ->Bring edit box into focus.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I've done is when a text box is selected, the text cursor is always brought to the end of the edit box. This way at least you can backspace and type new stuff and not be typing from a weird position. The only limitation I've found is the inability to create a typing cursor. I'll probably be switching to a monospace font like Courier New just so I can sneak a cursor in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edit:

post removed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilvers View Post
    What I've done is when a text box is selected, the text cursor is always brought to the end of the edit box. This way at least you can backspace and type new stuff and not be typing from a weird position. The only limitation I've found is the inability to create a typing cursor. I'll probably be switching to a monospace font like Courier New just so I can sneak a cursor in.
    How do I set the text cursor to the end?