User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Play mp4 video files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MP4 does work in Fusion 2.5, follow my instructions and it will work.

EDIT - If I have time later on, I'll show you an example.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please share

Clicker Fusion 2.5HTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever find a reliable way to play videos?
    I need to do that as well!
    I also need to be able to pause after time X, create button overlays (only seems to work in HTML5 export)
    Trying to make a CYOA video project ...

Thanks!
    Scott

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kreeddem View Post
    MP4 does work in Fusion 2.5, follow my instructions and it will work.

EDIT - If I have time later on, I'll show you an example.
    I'm also finding that MP4s do not play under any circumstances, including the method you recommended. I've also tried MP4s encoded a multitude of ways, including several which are considered native to Windows 10.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gotten .mp4 videos to work, but it relies on encoders/LAV filters being installed from packs found online. I found this out the hard way when I put a demo on Steam. I changed it to .wmv format and then everything worked out. This format is prevalent on all modern Windows machines and seems to be the most reliable for users without requiring extra installations.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CruddyBuddy View Post
    I'm also finding that MP4s do not play under any circumstances, including the method you recommended. I've also tried MP4s encoded a multitude of ways, including several which are considered native to Windows 10.
    MP4 files work fine here, I've just tried a couple of MP4 files without any problem. Make sure DirectShow codecs are installed on your machine.

Note: in the next update patch, there will be a new "Use Media Foundation with DirectX 11" option in the Active Direct Show object (I see you use the 2.5+ DLC, so maybe your app is in DirectX 11 mode?). Media Foundation is a more modern API and may support more codecs than Direct Show.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    MP4 files work fine here, I've just tried a couple of MP4 files without any problem. Make sure DirectShow codecs are installed on your machine.

Note: in the next update patch, there will be a new "Use Media Foundation with DirectX 11" option in the Active Direct Show object (I see you use the 2.5+ DLC, so maybe your app is in DirectX 11 mode?). Media Foundation is a more modern API and may support more codecs than Direct Show.
    I appreciate you checking for me. I've got the right codecs installed because I can play the MP4 videos directly from file explorer. Also, I am running in DirectX 9 mode, which I think provides the best compatibility at this point.

Is the Media Foundation addition included in a beta release, or do I need to wait for the next official patch? I assume I will have to change to Dx11 mode in order for this to function?

EDIT: Also, WMV loads consistently, and I won't have to worry about end users needing to install codecs, but it won't allow me to change the playback speed. Is there any known workaround to this problem?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of curiosity, what are you using to render your mp4 videos? The mp4 format itself is a wrapper and the renderer is where the codecs come in to play. Some codecs used for rendering didn’t always work for me in Fusion, but eventually I used Adobe Premiere and their stock codecs worked. I can’t remember which ones didn’t though.

You could try another codec when rendering the video and see if that maybe does the trick in the meantime for mp4.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesdreams View Post
    Out of curiosity, what are you using to render your mp4 videos? The mp4 format itself is a wrapper and the renderer is where the codecs come in to play. Some codecs used for rendering didn’t always work for me in Fusion, but eventually I used Adobe Premiere and their stock codecs worked. I can’t remember which ones didn’t though.

You could try another codec when rendering the video and see if that maybe does the trick in the meantime for mp4.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've used VirtualDub, Adobe Media Encoder, and several others with different mp4 codecs like x264. They all play if I run them in "Movies and TV" or "Windows Media Player" so I don't think it's an issue with my codecs not being installed. Really, I would just stick with WMV if I could, because I'm getting some really good quality and compression from it, but I can't control the playback speed, or "Set Position" to jump to a different part of the video, so I'm stuck with either uncompressed AVIs that are like 50MB/s or WMVs that cannot be controlled.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotcha. I guess I'm out of ideas, but hopefully what Yves posted will be the proper solution. I'd much rather use MP4 format myself, so hopefully the coming update will be good for both of us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast