User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Play mp4 video files

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Play mp4 video files

Hi there! I've played around with different extensions and it seems i cannot get mp4-Videos play within a windows-export - do you may have a hint for me, how to show mp4-videos inside a fusion windows exe?

i've found for html5, flash, ios, android, even mac-export - but not for windows (just older avi players it seems)

thanks for your help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I had lot's of issues with video in the past and I figured it out. Fusion uses external codecs to play mp4 files.

'FRAME EDITOR'

- 'Insert' Active Direct Show on a layer in Fusion.

'EVENT EDITOR'

1. Start of Frame command - Click 'LOAD' & 'USE EXPRESSION' button on the lower right.

2. Right click the 2 cogs - Filenames - App Path

USE THIS CODE HERE: Apppath$ + "demo.mp4"

"You can change 'demo' to your file name."

Then make an event - Timer equals 00:01 - Play

This should work fine, as long as your movie file is in the directory of your project.

Also if you experience choppy video, set V-Sync to On, and set the frame rate to your movies frame rate.

Dave,
    DPAD-FTW

Also, search Google for my game, Ye Fenny. That has lots of video on it and I made the game in Fusion 2.5.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, but it doesnt seem to work here on my pc. the VLC player is playing my mp4 file fine, but within fusion nothing happens actually.
    even the old "DIRECT SHOW" example within fusion folder doesnt show there demo video ...

may somebody have a working example with fusion and mp4 on windows? thanks

Clicker

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sry to bump - may somebody know a way to integrate a mp4 fluently? do i have to install some drivers maybe?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MP4 is a much newer file format than Fusion's codebase, and to my knowledge, compatibility hasn't been built in. Your best bet will be to download Handbrake, convert the video to an AVI, and use the DirectShow object to play that.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Or just bump and bump Clickteam to support mp4 out of the box, it has been long overdue

There's probably not much request, that's why it aint a priority...
    but everyone wants to have other codec support, we are just not requesting enough

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your best bet to play mp4 is to embed a player in a local html file and display it in a webview - Use the mp4 playback capabilities of the browser.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @wpd I wouldn't hold your breath for MP4 support in CF2.5 since Fusion 3 is on the way. Hopefully we do get it and better media support in general in Fusion 3.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately it requires that encoder packs/LAV filters be installed on the user machine to run .mp4 videos. I highly recommend just using .wmv instead. They take more space, sure, but you won't have compatibility issues at least.

Clicker

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help, installing encoder packs from here https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases/ solved the problem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast