User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Play mp4 video files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesdreams View Post
    Gotcha. I guess I'm out of ideas, but hopefully what Yves posted will be the proper solution. I'd much rather use MP4 format myself, so hopefully the coming update will be good for both of us.
    I agree. I really don't want to have to mess with having players download a codec pack. As I said, WMV would be fine it the framerate could be controlled. Right now I'm experimenting with loading videos as animations instead (using a series of jpgs instead of a proper video file).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves
    Please add an option in Fusion for play MP4 for all platforms without extensions

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CruddyBuddy View Post
    I appreciate you checking for me. I've got the right codecs installed because I can play the MP4 videos directly from file explorer. Also, I am running in DirectX 9 mode, which I think provides the best compatibility at this point.
    I think Direct Show codecs may be specific. Well, I'm not 100% sure.

Is the Media Foundation addition included in a beta release, or do I need to wait for the next official patch? I assume I will have to change to Dx11 mode in order for this to function?
    Yes, you need to switch your app to DirectX 11 mode (and use the Active Direct Show object, this option is only in this object for the moment - though maybe I can check and try to implement it in the DirectShow object, but maybe not in the next update patch).

EDIT: Also, WMV loads consistently, and I won't have to worry about end users needing to install codecs
    It depends on the codec that was used to build the WMV file. I guess usually they are built with codecs that are installed by default on Windows, but this is not always the case.

but it won't allow me to change the playback speed. Is there any known workaround to this problem?
    No, I don't know any. I think it depends on codecs. Maybe with a specific implementation we could find a workaround but the time we would spend on this would be probably too big.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEHRDAD View Post
    @Yves
    Please add an option in Fusion for play MP4 for all platforms without extensions
    An extension would be required because it's why extensions exist. If your app doesn't play MP4 videos you wouldn't want to include code, DLLs, etc that play video files.

We plan to try to make a VLC extension. This wouldn't require codecs. I'll take a look asap.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @CruddyBuddy I can send you a beta of the Active Direct Show object with the DirectX 11 option so that you see if videos play on your machine (PS: I've tested the Set Rate action with Media Foundation, same problem with compressed files).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be happy to use a VLC object, as of now, avoiding videos. Would VLC extension for for Mac too?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenSails View Post
    I would be happy to use a VLC object, as of now, avoiding videos. Would VLC extension for for Mac too?
    I think it could be done on PC, Mac, Android, iOS. But I can't confirm it until we do it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    An extension would be required because it's why extensions exist. If your app doesn't play MP4 videos you wouldn't want to include code, DLLs, etc that play video files.

We plan to try to make a VLC extension. This wouldn't require codecs. I'll take a look asap.
    Thanks, Yves. Great news!. I need an extension for all platforms

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it could be done on PC, Mac, Android, iOS. But I can't confirm it until we do it.
    Would the VLC extension require the end user to install VLC as well or would this all be embedded in the EXE?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @CruddyBuddy I can send you a beta of the Active Direct Show object with the DirectX 11 option so that you see if videos play on your machine (PS: I've tested the Set Rate action with Media Foundation, same problem with compressed files).
    Thanks for sending me the beta. It works great! I just switched to DirectX11 and it loaded up an MP4 encoded with h.264 no problem. I didn't even have to do a "Build and Run" like I normally do with videos.

Unfortunately, as you already mentioned, I am not able to change the playback rate with mp4 files either. It looks like maybe only uncompressed AVI files can do that?

For my purposes, I might have to stick with loading jpgs as animations so I can control the playback rate. For anyone else who needs to do this as well, you have to have an active object with at least the number of frames you're going to load with a loop (if you number your jpgs you can use the loop index to load the frames in a sequence). It's kind of a weird workaround, but I'm not sure of any other way to do it at this point. Maybe the VLC extension would be able to control playback rate? I know the VLC app can do it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast