User Tag List

Thread: Load my animations externally

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Load my animations externally

Hey guys!

I need help with loading some animations externally from the hard drive. I'm using pretty big animations ( like 50 frame) in high resolution. So I can't store them inside the exe.

Is there any way to load them without losing performance?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know about the active object method, but I don't understand how to load all my frames in it externally. It doesn't want to load more than 1 frame...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Load them into Binary Object at start of application? Pull them from memory (much faster than from disk). Just an idea.

Use Binary Object and Binary Quickload extensions.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering about this myself, as to load sprites and/or animations externally. It would be interesting to be able to load/play frames from a sprite sheet, but animation would be prob good.

Although I don't know how you would define the hotspot and/or action point of said object loaded from an animation, if multiple frames would have their own action point.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step one, set up an Active Object with the proper number of frames. Believe it or not, this can even just be 1px by 1px large. As long as there's something in the frame, you can load an image into it. Second, run a Fast Loop a number of times equal to the number of frames in the animation you are loading. Then, on that loop, you can use the Animation > Load Frame function to bring in a particular frame. Click "Use Expression" in the file loader, then type the name of the animation in quotes and use +LoopIndex(>Enter name of the loop<). As long as the numbers in the filename match the loop index, the frames will load in.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm.... This sounds very interesting.

While this does seem useful, I have some concerns. How will you be able to control the hot spot and action point positions? When I did test myself, it just presents you with a window to put the coordinates in manually. It says that use 100000 for center, and 110000 for right. Assuming 0 is all left side. So would I get the coordinates in my paint editing software when I'm looking at the sprite, or does it assume 110000 is always center?
    And when I would say use a fast loop for everything, how would you be able to change the hot spot and action points for each of the different frames being displayed?

Another thing I'm concerned about. That method assumes the images are split into individual external images. I guess there is no way to locate a frame of said image from a sprite sheet?