User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Xiomi mi a2 lite screen save not working

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xiomi mi a2 lite screen save not working

Hi ,i have an app published on playstore and one of its main functions is to save the phone screen as a jpeg file ,
    i had sucessfully tested the feature on my moto g4 device and a samsung j7 2016 model both running android 7
    ,now today i bought a xiaomi mi a2 lite running android 8.1 and no matter what thr file is not saved ... I tried many different options and all failed ,my settings for apk creation are :
    build api 28
    ,minimum android 5.0
    target android 8.1 ( i tried messing with those and had no success) ,my parameters for saving the picture from the android object are as follows :
    filename : PublicStorageDirectory$("Android object","")+"/"+"nameofpic" + ".jpg" ,i have tried to save on different folders eg dcim or download on the mi a2 lite instead of saving to the root of the publicdirectory and again had no success,i am very stressed as my app is paid on playstore and i am wondering why its not working with this phone and what else can be done to fix this ,also what is the extend of this problem ?
    How many devices are affected from it ? At this point i should have some exact figures of the problem as it is going to generate a lot of bad review and refunds ,please help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I now see that another app made from someone else can save to the internal storage of the mi a2 lite under the folder Pictures but mine cannot so i guess this is not the phones problem but somehow fusion still doesnt save to that folder too

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the problem !!!!
    For anyone out there this iw the solution :
    Api build level 28
    Minimum android version 4.1
    Target android version 7.1
    Switch setting to those and it works on both phones

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now google wont let me upload the apk to playstore...fss... Fernando whats going on here ? At api target level 7.1 the save screenshot works and at target 8.0 or 8.1 it doesnt ! When can we get a fix on this ? And will targeting android 9 will fix it in the future ?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    you are using 291.6 right?

mm are you following these points from google

Google Play
    will require
    that
    new apps
    target at least Android 8.0 (API level 26) from August 1, 2018,and that
    app updates
    target Android 8.0 from November 1, 2018.

target api 7.1 is 25, right?

https://developer.android.com/distri...lop/target-sdk

and

https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i am using 291.6 on the playstore the apk has a target of 8.1 and is within google's acceptable limits ,the problem is that i now saw that if i compile the apk with any target above 7.1 then the screen capturecwill not work on android phones with android 8.1 ,

Target 7.1 equals that android 7 and android 8.1 devices correctly save the screen with success
    Target 8.1 means that only android devices with 7.0 can save the screen successfully

Thus i would need to make a target apk of 7.1 for every phone to work which i made google wont let me upload it due to the restrictions !! Now what do i do ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To make it less confusing the mi a2 lite (my new phone) runs android 8.1 ,in order to get the the screen capture to work on this phone i have to build the apk with target android version 7.1 . Anything above that target version will stop it from working , but i cannot upload to the playstore an apk that targets 7.1. thus something has to be done in order for when building apks with target 8 or target 8.1 to save the screenshots on phones that have android 8.1 running

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have some problem capturing screen from huawei, and now Xiomi (seem Chinese device both right?), others like Samsung, LG so far are working, if you can try to grab the screen and get me a logcat to see if I detect something will be nice.

thanks in advance

please post a link of your apk build with min 4.0 target 8.0 and build api 8.0(26) so I can test here
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok i will sent you the links via private message ,i went ahead and updated the app on the playstore to target 7.1 as i saw that i could bypass the warning message but i will not be able to update the app in the future ..

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    please can you try this application there and see if it works

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YLA...ew?usp=sharing

please accept all permission
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast