User Tag List

Thread: Transfer groups to different frames by deleting old groups removes references

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfer groups to different frames by deleting old groups removes references

Is there a way to reference groups dynamically without having to have the group present in the events? If I update one of my gameplay groups in one frame, then transfer it to another, I have to delete the old group, but it breaks any "if [group name] is active" events and doesn't actually ask if I want to delete them first. Is there a better way of doing this, other than just removing the contents of the group (which is difficult if there's sub-groups) or can I reference the group names by a string?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly not, i asked about this too a while back but at this moment you cant reference groups by a value or string.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A warning would have been nice :/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's very annoying. The damage is irreversible even if you accidentally delete a group then immediately hit undo. I made a post about it a while ago in the bugbox (may it rest in peace).

A warning would be good. Another option would be to insert a dummy line in place of the deleted group, so you're at least made aware of any problems. Something like activate group <<warning: group no longer exists>>. Kind of how you get a red beetle for missing objects.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Yeah, it's very annoying. The damage is irreversible even if you accidentally delete a group then immediately hit undo. I made a post about it a while ago in the bugbox (may it rest in peace).

A warning would be good. Another option would be to insert a dummy line in place of the deleted group, so you're at least made aware of any problems. Something like activate group <<warning: group no longer exists>>. Kind of how you get a red beetle for missing objects.
    Yes, that kind of thing is what I would expect it to do, rather than just pull a Klik 'n Play and yank it out destructively without mercy.