User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FLIP HORIZONTAL/VERTICAL Feature crossPlatform NEEDED

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol. requesting the scale flip -1 was actually the very first post I ever made on these forums, it's the reason I signed up

yh, it is a frustration, I to myself am creating a similar fighting game for mobile, but had to just bite the bullet & flip all the directions manually in the active animations, but it's not that bad really (the lack of palette color switch was what really got me, but let's not get into that lol). Fortunately for me my game still runs very well even with the extra flipped images. Clickteam has stated before that the reason -1 scale doesn't work is due to the fact that it would mess up the collision detection when flipped if it was added (not due to laziness )

Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    Off topic, but that game sounds interesting, can you link it?
    +1 yh, I'd be interested in seeing it to (I'm imagining Disney Fantasia levels of animation in my head )

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Direction value is absolute 1 per character, So I'll get a max of 32 char, I do have 27 hero characters already but more heroes are to be added
    (all direction is filled anyways, multiplied by 3 skins fully animated, then multiplied again by 2 for FlippedActives)
    Animations are not top notch or anything, it's simple, simple yet still LoadTimes are a pain.
    Here check it out, it's still in Beta, dont judge xD , probably some bugs : 1-4 players local, not profitable anymore so development is slowed down.
    OVERDUEL
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...timaa.overduel

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't have an android device so can't play it. but the gfx look cool It took me a while I was like, "I'm sure I've seen that girl before...have I played this game?", then I looked at the game title reference & was like

& wow! over 1 million downloads! that's impressive. when did you release it?

keep looking for other optimisation techniques. I'm sure there must be something you can do to get it running right

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hahaha yeah
    Over a year, pretty old, it was profitable for 3months after release, now it's just passive.
    I did Optimized it heavily, i removed everything(vfx sound bg etc) except those active objs and flipped active , even the codes removed in my test devices, just for testing,.. It is a significant loading time, eats ram and resources

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you unchecked "create at start" for 99% of the objects that no-doubt don't need to be created at start and can be loaded later?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilvers View Post
    Take a look at this GameHut video where John from Traveler's Tales goes over some technical trickery from Mickey Mania. This is the same exact kind of conundrum OP mentioned. Yes this is for an SNES, but the techniques mentioned here still apply today, especially on weaker mobile devices.

wow, really cool vid I remember pondering how that was done for quite a while as a kid

definitely gonna be checking out more of their channel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2