Hi all, I'm looking for some help with the Touch Joystick in a HTML 5 game.
Here's the set up:
- New application created, set to the HTML5 runtime
- Added an active object with 8-way movement.
- Set the Application properties:
-- Resize display to fill window size
-- Fit inside (black bars)
- Set the HTML5 frame properties:
-- Joystick - Device = Touch joystick
-- Fire buttons 1 and 2 enabled
When I run, I see the joystick controls on screen in the default locations. It will not respond - I can sort of drag the joystick to the bottom left briefly but nothing happens and it snaps back almost immediately.
By lucky accident I added the Multiple Touch object to the frame and the joystick then works. Without this object on the frame, the touch joystick does not work at all for me. Is this a bug or is it intended?
I added the Joystick control object to the frame. Almost everything on this object does not appear to work.
What did work:
- Set joystick map works, I was able to limit my joystick movement to left and right
What is not working:
- Set Joystick position and set button positions. The joystick stays in the default location.
- Start/Stop touch joystick
I'm expecting those actions to work. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
Tested on Chrome in Windows 10 (on a touchscreen enabled device) and also over WIFI to my Android tablet.