User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: REQUEST: Create object from another frame in Global/Behavior events

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It sounds like a workaround that is definitely worth adding! It would be especially helpful in this case! I don't think it would be a waste of time at all
    I would use it for sure, it's better than manually copy and pasting across many frames
    You would still have to manually copy paste the objects if you add new frames after adding the Create action, this will just move the problem to a later date. It should be either entirely manual, or entirely automatic. That's why I say it's probably not a good idea. Maybe we can find a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    Perhaps a check when you run the application to see if global events is creating any objects that don't exist in all frames, and it can one-time make them if they're missing?
    Often you don't want all these objects to be created in all the frames. If the object doesn't exist in the frame this will reduce the events that are executed in that frame and the memory used by that frame. Better performances. The best workaround IMHO is something that let you choose the frames where the objects have to be copied to.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    You would still have to manually copy paste the objects if you add new frames after adding the Create action, this will just move the problem to a later date. It should be either entirely manual, or entirely automatic. That's why I say it's probably not a good idea. Maybe we can find a better solution.

Often you don't want all these objects to be created in all the frames. If the object doesn't exist in the frame this will reduce the events that are executed in that frame and the memory used by that frame. Better performances. The best workaround IMHO is something that let you choose the frames where the objects have to be copied to.
    That's true, but for frames that are added after the create event has been made, could there be an way to re-run the option to choose which frames the objects are created?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An option to copy across would help but yes, not a great solution. In that case a button on the object in the properties window called "Create in missing frames" would work better because you could click that to tell it to create an instance in all frames that it is missing from.

Another suggestion could be to add a new object property called "Create in all frames" that if ticked would be added to each frame in the game IF an object of the same name and type does not exist there already. I guess you'd need to maintain a list of objects that had this ticked, but that could help and a bit of automation is always preferable than having to click a button on each object yourself as you would have to with the first idea.

I could live with either of the above in 2.5, it's an improvement on this problem we have. It doesn't solve the ability to create at runtime, either from the global event editor (remember we can choose which frames have a global event editor) or, more useful, from an event behavior. Maybe the answer to that will be Fusion 3, but I would be eternally grateful if you can do anything that helps in this version
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2