User Tag List

Thread: Problem with packing fonts on Android

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Problem with packing fonts on Android

Hello!

I'm using the Android Font Packer for five fonts. While three work fine, these two aren't:

https://www.1001fonts.com/call-of-ops-duty-font.html

https://www.1001fonts.com/lorimer-no-2-font.html

One thing I noticed is that these fonts are OTF files, while the working fonts are TTF. Because of this, I converted the OTF fonts to TTF format (which is allowed by the fonts' license) and packed the now-TTF versions, but still the two fonts in question didn't pack.

What should I do? Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Kilk

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pradeep View Post
    Based on the picture, it looks like it's working. But for some reason, the tablet I'm using won't open the file you linked to. My Android version is 5.1. What do you think the problem is?

Thanks,
    Kilk

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your font is editable (only read write). I change the font property editable (only read write) to installable.
    Try this font in your app
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnkuj6vmr1tyvzx/font.rar?dl=0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Your font is editable (only read write). I change the font property editable (only read write) to installable.
    Try this font in your app
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnkuj6vmr1tyvzx/font.rar?dl=0
    Thanks a lot! It appears the fonts are being rendered now. I have two questions:

1. Did anything you do affect the fonts' license? Their licenses are the same and can be found here: https://www.1001fonts.com/licenses/ffc.html.

2. One string that's using the Lorimer font contains the word "Bounce." I have a ball overlapping the letter "o" such that the ball takes its place. For some reason, the string is slightly higher than the "o" now. It's fine when I test the application on my Windows laptop by choosing "Run Application (F8)," but it messes up once the APK file is run on the tablet. What might cause this?

Thanks a lot for the help!

--Kilk

Clicker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to https://www.1001fonts.com/licenses/ffc.html.
    1. Copyright
    The given typeface is the intellectual property of its respective author, provided it is original, and is protected by copyright laws in many parts of the world.
    6. Embedding
    The given typeface may be embedded into an application such as a web- or mobile app, independant of the number of the application users, as long as the application does not distribute the given typeface, such as offering it as a download.

(1) When we change .ttf to .otf or .otf to .ttf
    (2) Its property change
    In both condition are affect the fonts' license.
    Here we change .otf to .ttf and change the font property editable (only read write) to installable. So license affect. For this contact to font creators of these fonts.

Your second problem ( the string is slightly higher than the "o"), I see that this ''o" slightly left also. It for every font approximate. check it.
    For this Fernando help.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

According to https://www.1001fonts.com/licenses/ffc.html.
    1. Copyright
    The given typeface is the intellectual property of its respective author, provided it is original, and is protected by copyright laws in many parts of the world.
    6. Embedding
    The given typeface may be embedded into an application such as a web- or mobile app, independant of the number of the application users, as long as the application does not distribute the given typeface, such as offering it as a download.

(1) When we change .ttf to .otf or .otf to .ttf
    (2) Its property change
    In both condition are affect the fonts' license.
    Here we change .otf to .ttf and change the font property editable (only read write) to installable. So license affect. For this contact to font creators of these fonts.

Your second problem ( the string is slightly higher than the "o"), I see that this ''o" slightly left also. It for every font approximate. check it.
    For this Fernando help.
    Sorry for the late reply. I contacted the website with the fonts, and everything's been taken care of. Thanks!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @pradeep need to see but this depends on how the glyph is designed inside respect the baseline, not sure something can be done.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, depends on baseline.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    @pradeep need to see but this depends on how the glyph is designed inside respect the baseline, not sure something can be done.
    I'm actually using a different font now anyway due to copyright restrictions on the original. Thanks for the help, both yours and also @pradeep 's!