Has anyone run a HWA-enabled game on a MacBook Pro? I recently installed Windows 10 on my wife's MacBook Pro (2015), and I'm seeing huge frame rate drops when shaders are on the screen.
If anyone has encountered this issue, I'd love to know what you did to overcome it. I've included a screenshot of the Intel Graphics Control Panel -- maybe there's a perfect combo of settings to use? (I've tried many combos so far -- nothing is helping.)
What I'm seeing:
- My other computer is a desktop running Win 7 with a discrete and pretty powerful GPU...frame rate is 60 FPS constant
- On the MacBook, FPS drops to 30 when objects with shaders are displayed
- FPS will drop down even further, the more shader objects are created
- With task manager out, I see no significant spikes in cpu or gpu utilizations
- Win 10 64-bit on 2015 MacBook pro (dual boot)
- Integrated gpu: Interl Iris Pro Graphics 5200
- Fusion 2.5 Dev, Steam version
- Updating the gpu drivers
- Updating directx drivers
- Trying different combos of Fusion 2.5 application properties
- Turning vsync on and off
- Doesn't matter whether the application is fullscreen, windowed, resized, ratio-preserved, etc.
I've attached an example file that uses different amounts of shader objects. It uses the Lens object, so there's an executable version too if you don't have that shader.
If anyone has dealt with this, please let me know what you did to fix it! Thanks everyone.