User Tag List

Thread: Not enough memory alert?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not enough memory alert?

Is there a way to alert a user that there isn't enough available memory to run my game on an Android device?

---

I saw some odd behaviour on my game on a 10 inch Proline tablet. The person playing it had two other things open, one of them a game.

When they started my game it would jump to a random frame. So you press the next button it jumps to frame 35 (instead of frame 5) - you press the settings button it jumps to frame 10 (instead of frame 4). This kept happening with every next navigation option.

I closed the game and closed everything else on the tablet and then restarted my game and it worked correctly. (I've tested it on other devices - the game works correctly.) So I assume the odd behaviour was a lack of memory resources to run my game. I doubt it would be a direct conflict with the other game (it was a bubble shoot game - I think affiliated with candy crush etc.).

Would there be a way on the opening screen to alert the user that the game doesn't have enough memory to run and that they need to close other open apps first rather than have someone experience this kind of chaos?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually figured out what was causing the odd behaviour:

The person was lingering on the start button which is over level 31 (frame 35) - so when the person was pressing and lingering on that button, it was executing the go to level 31 command.

However, at the start of frame it has to read the state of level 31 from the ini file and make it invisible which will prevent the click - but the click was triggering regardless.

Ditto the button you press to get to the settings menu is over level 10 for example so again, when the person got to the settings menu it was immediately executing the command to go to level 10 - again the read state from the ini file should've prevented it but the click was triggering before the start of frame events had completed.

I'll try to prevent this by putting all the clicks in a group that is only activated a second or two in which will give the game time to read the ini file on a slow device.