User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help me add a switch direction in this example?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Can someone help me add a switch direction in this example?

Hi, I was looking for a wall crawler like enemy, I've tested some examples, but some are pretty buggy...
    Then I found this one, whitch works perfecly, BUT, it only goes one way, and I also would like to switch directions...

Can someone figure it out how to do it with a simple change in value or flag?

crawler2.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

Added a moveDir value to the active. When the value is 1, it moves clockwise. -1 is reverse. For things that add or subtract 2, the 2 is replaced with (moveDir * 2). Changing direction is set to a flag toggle.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

crawler2_reverse.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you a lot, I was trying something similar but it wasn't working...
    Really cleaver, wasn't expecting it this fast!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, how hard would it be to turn this into something like Super Mario World map with multiple path ways that you choose when reach a level (stop point)?
    I was remaking Super Mario World a while ago, I plan to get back to it, my physics and camera was on point!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO5qN-z5edI

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuuriokun View Post
    Hey, how hard would it be to turn this into something like Super Mario World map with multiple path ways that you choose when reach a level (stop point)?
    I was remaking Super Mario World a while ago, I plan to get back to it, my physics and camera was on point!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO5qN-z5edI
    Sorry about the delayed response.

It shouldn't be too hard at all. Have multiple exit points in a stage. When you cross one, have a value that gets carried back to the map. That value should decide what happens when you return to the map.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But I mean, what about making the sprite follow the path in the the middle of it?
    I tried with two of these and the sprite in the middle, but since each side is slightly different it doesn't work correctly...
    Also, tried with two in the same side, getting the direction of the actives, and used trigonometry to find were the sprite would go, but it makes it jumpy and not smooth at all...
    I've tried many ways before, never got a stable solution for the map

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, you're having trouble moving on the map? Please upload a sample.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, two methods in this example... Both has issues
    I've lost the old one that I used sensors to detect tiles to determine the direction the sprite would go
    (And one that used hotspots and action spots to determine the position it should go)

crawler2 mario test.mfa

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuuriokun View Post
    Well, two methods in this example... Both has issues
    I've lost the old one that I used sensors to detect tiles to determine the direction the sprite would go
    (And one that used hotspots and action spots to determine the position it should go)

crawler2 mario test.mfa
    I'd recommend using a method with pathfinding nodes. The examples I cooked up are quick and dirty, but they might nudge you in the right direction. One uses the MoveIt extension. The other uses none.

crawler2 mario test_B.mfa

Also, @nivram has a pretty insightful example page. Tons of useful information there. http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

One more tip: You can use Google to easily search the forum. Just add site:community.clickteam.com to your search.

Hope all of this helps!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I guess the "move it" does work nice

Still not what I had in mind, but it should do the trick for now...
    It will have a overworld editor, so I was planing to do something more "user friendly"
    Like just lay the tiles and it "just works", well, I still have some ideas in mind that I'll try later

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast