User Tag List

Thread: Best way to implement item-drop movement?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Best way to implement item-drop movement?

I want to create something similar to Shovel Knight where when you kill a mob, dig up gems or loot a chest, the items kinda "bounces" up in the air and lands instantly on the ground.

Example video:
    https://youtu.be/EqEy7BB5DNk?t=142

What would be the best way to implement this kind of loot drop?
    I tried using the "pinball movement" and a few other ones, but they are pretty buggy. I guess i should avoid Clickteam's built in movements for this kind of stuff?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pinball movement should be perfect for this how is it buggy?..
    Can you record your screen?..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can definitely do it with your own movement, but the built-in physics engine was the quickest way for me to get it up and running. You can always tweak the values to have it less 'floaty'.

bouncing gems2.png

Here's an example (left click to drop more items)
    bouncing gems2.mfa

Each 'gem' is an active object with "physics - static" as the movement, and "fixed angle" turned on (so they don't all roll around!). When it collides with the backdrop, the object will bounce because of it's "elasticity" property (which is changed after the bounce to 0)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fnkycoldmadeanr, it's buggy because if you scroll the screen back and forth while something is using the pinball movement, the object will then kinda "follow" the screen and bounce way too far because of the scrolling.

marbenx, thanks this works better than the current movement i was using. the objects does however sometimes get stuck on walls if they bounce on them. any solution for this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyBazooka View Post
    fnkycoldmadeanr, it's buggy because if you scroll the screen back and forth while something is using the pinball movement, the object will then kinda "follow" the screen and bounce way too far because of the scrolling.

marbenx, thanks this works better than the current movement i was using. the objects does however sometimes get stuck on walls if they bounce on them. any solution for this?
    Ooh that's odd, I added a wall to the example one and fiddled around and couldn't get em stuck - have you got them set to "fixed angle"? Maybe changing the collision shape from first image to a box or circle might help, or tweaking the friction values

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think i found the issue. it might be because i also had "extended collisions" and "bullet" checked in the movement options.
    thanks for the help, marbenx!