Thread: Qualifiers in Global Events

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Qualifiers in Global Events

Hello, everyone!

I have a quick question; is it known whether or not Clickteam will make qualifiers compatible with global events? And if so, when?

I am developing a large project which utilizes qualifiers for multiple purposes (including a parent/child system), and when I make changes to the game's code, I have to do a lot of copy/pasting in all the frames as game levels increase. This is very tedious and impractical, and I am pondering why qualifiers can't be utilized in neither the global events or object behaviors. I am storing a lot of code in global objects, but then again, qualifiers can't be utilized in object behaviors either.

Will this be corrected in Fusion 3? I appreciate any feedback.

Best regards,
    Tobias Edvardsen

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Fusion 2.5 will get any big changes
    But Fusion 3 will definitely fix this problem, you can read about it in the Fusion 3 blog.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Banduck View Post
    I don't think Fusion 2.5 will get any big changes
    But Fusion 3 will definitely fix this problem, you can read about it in the Fusion 3 blog.
    Could you share the link to the blog post addressing the issue? Thank you!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias_Edvardsen View Post
    Could you share the link to the blog post addressing the issue? Thank you!
    https://www.clickteam.com/clickteam-blog?p=reuse-of-events

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a workaround to get qualifiers in GE but it's not supported because there's a small chance of your entire project getting corrupt. I dont remember exactly how to do it but u can probably google and find it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    There is a workaround to get qualifiers in GE but it's not supported because there's a small chance of your entire project getting corrupt. I dont remember exactly how to do it but u can probably google and find it.
    Simply rename an active object to its qualifiers name, and make sure the events in the global event editor is linked to this object. Then rename the object back to anything. The qualifier will now work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    Simply rename an active object to its qualifiers name, and make sure the events in the global event editor is linked to this object. Then rename the object back to anything. The qualifier will now work.
    Thank you for the tip, but it seems like a rather cryptic and unintended way around it. Is there no risk of corrupting the .mfa file by doing this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias_Edvardsen View Post
    Thank you for the tip, but it seems like a rather cryptic and unintended way around it. Is there no risk of corrupting the .mfa file by doing this?
    Probably. I don't recommend doing this, but it's the only way if you want to use qualifiers in global events. You should always make backups of your mfa whenever you do a big change anyway.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also used bug when you renaming acive object as qualifier name, that method allow you to use qualifier in behiavours. Result is in some frames collision not works properly.