User Tag List

Thread: Does Android support Clickteam groups?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Android support Clickteam groups?

Hello! On my game, I created a number of strings that serve as links to websites. Instead of creating events for each individual string, I grouped them together as "Group.Doors" and make one event for it. However, when I build my game into an APK file, I'm told, "Some conditions, actions or expressions found in your application are not supported by the target platform." Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
    Kilk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youíll need to work out what conditions and actions arenít supported, usually you can request what conditions and actions are in conflict when you build the .apk Ö Once you know whatís in conflict you can look for alternatives or workarounds. Qualifiers should work in Android though, maybe itís an extension youíre using thatís not compatible with Android?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    You’ll need to work out what conditions and actions aren’t supported, usually you can request what conditions and actions are in conflict when you build the .apk … Once you know what’s in conflict you can look for alternatives or workarounds. Qualifiers should work in Android though, maybe it’s an extension you’re using that’s not compatible with Android?
    After trying to build and being told, "Some conditions, actions or expressions found in your application are not supported by the target platform," I can request the following information:

Incompatibility report

*** Error detected in frame events.
    Frame name : Credits
    Line #2, action #1 : Execute external program string$( "Group.Doors" )string$( "Group.Doors" )

Is there anything in this report that sheds light on the problem? Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the extension that is using the info in those strings?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the extension that is using the info in those strings?
    I actually am not using an extension for this. I just made a regular string, then I programmed the events such that when the user taps* on anything considered Group.Doors, it will execute the external program string$( "Group.Doors" ) at string$( "Group.Doors" )**.

*The actual phrase used is "clicks with left button," but this wording is just a carry-over from Clickteam's default Windows setup.
    **In other words, it runs the contents of the string as a URL.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mind posting an mfa, so that I can check out the problem?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've looked into your problem, if you search the help files in Fusion you'll come across - The Special Object - Actions. 'Execute an external program' is one of the special object actions. It explains that - These actions run another the Windows program while Clickteam Fusion 2.5 is running. Perhaps it's an action that's only compatible with a PC, hence the reference to Windows? Or if it's compatible with Android, perhaps your asking for a file path that isn't compatible with Android? My guess is that 'Execute an external program' isn't a feature compatible with Android.

To clarify, my understanding is that your problem has nothing to do with the string object, rather it's an issue where you're asking the string to get its information from. Hope that makes sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Aha!

I've looked into your problem, if you search the help files in Fusion you'll come across - The Special Object - Actions. 'Execute an external program' is one of the special object actions. It explains that - These actions run another the Windows program while Clickteam Fusion 2.5 is running. Perhaps it's an action that's only compatible with a PC, hence the reference to Windows? Or if it's compatible with Android, perhaps your asking for a file path that isn't compatible with Android? My guess is that 'Execute an external program' isn't a feature compatible with Android.

To clarify, my understanding is that your problem has nothing to do with the string object, rather it's an issue where you're asking the string to get its information from. Hope that makes sense.
    I've been thinking the problem has to do with groups. However, I just did an event without groups, instead specifying one of the URL strings, and the problem persisted. Therefore, it looks like you discovered the problem's real source. Thanks!

Now, all I have to do is... Actually, what do I do without the "Execute an external program" feature? 😅

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Good news!

Actually, I just figured it out. All it takes is the Android object. Thanks a lot, guys! I should be able to move forward now!