User Tag List

Thread: typing letter by letter

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

typing letter by letter

I need help guys ((
    Trying to create some message event by overlapping my characters. But for some reason the text is written absolutely wrong.
    Please download my project. When you run my project try to overlap objects , when text started to print go back THEN MOVE FORWARD to overlap again!!
    normal - OP1.jpg
    not normal - OP2.jpg
    I've tried all the variants... making local and global alterables strings .. create groups ... nothing helps ((( is This a bug ?

wtf2.mfa

And yes - i need to print my text with various pauses. That is why i use events.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta admit I'm not entirely sure why that bug is happening (I also don't know what the "eventindex" property is and haven't come across it before), but I've done something similar to this before and this is usually how I do it:

stringprint.png
    The object stores a value which goes up from 0 to the length of the string, and that's used with the Left$("string") function

Here's a sample: wtf3.mfa

edit: After looking at your original file again, I think what's happening is the event is firing multiple times and a duplicate version of the string is being 'mashed' into the existing one??

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks )
    By the way. eventindex - this is the index of event loop.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh, I always just used loopindex("loopname"), I had no idea that existed!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bug was happening because he's setting the string to (current alterable string) + Mid (the source string), so sometimes it would add on to itself, and the jumbling most likely is happening because the timer event fires before the event that erases the string below it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bug was happening because he's setting the string to (current alterable string) + Mid (the source string), so sometimes it would add on to itself, and the jumbling most likely is happening because the timer event fires before the event that erases the string below it.

The bug no longer happens in marbenx's example because the string is being set directly to source.

Reloaded page by accident and double posted, can't delete original, sorry.