User Tag List

Thread: Should I buy Firefly?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I buy Firefly?

Hi y'all! I was hoping someone could answer a couple of questions. I don't want to buy this before I have a little bit of info

I'm using Poser for all my 3d stuff. Poser can export a few different formats. I'm only interested in doing third person games. If I export an animated character in FBX format, can Firefly import it and does it keep the animations intact or do you have to fiddle with 100 different dials and stuff to make things work?

I'm comfortable working with regular Fusion and I know there's a learning curve for everything of course but is it "easy" to build the environment, setting up a third person camera, place a character inside and just start running around? (Like when inserting an active object, add a basic movement to it and boom...off you go) I realise it's probably not THAT simple in Firefly but as I said, I know my way around Fusion quite well and I'm very stubborn when I want to learn something.
    I think I read somewhere that the programming in Firefly is the same as in Fusion but I'm not sure so if someone can confirm this it'd be great.

I guess that's it for now. I'd be more than happy if someone could take their time to answer my question
    Thanks!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in the current version firefly will only import older format .FBX so posers outputs probably wont work without converting them.

yes firefly uses the same event editors as normal fusion - but it does add hundreds of extra functions

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook - Clickteam on Discord

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for answering. Actually, Poser can export different fbx formats as well. I'm not sure but i think you can select something like fbx 2014, fbx 2016 and so on.
    Which version does firefly import? Would be good to know so I can check if Poser have that option. :-)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello , on this forum ( managed by French users of fusion ) page , you can see plenty of videos by Patrice that demonstrate how firefly can be used and what it can achieve ; he recently joined clickteam 's patreon content providers ( see clickstore for his first contribution , a fps engine ) ; the forum is in French but the videos speak for themselves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot buddy! Gonna check that out definately. My french isn't something to take serious but I'll manage mon amis :-D (probably wrong spelling there haha)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey your French is not bad at all my friendS !!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha i did study a little bit of french but that's over 25 years ago so most of it is forgotten haha :-D Anyway I'm building a 2,5 D game in fusion and i'm trying to make the older resident evil style. I have rendered 2000 images now for the player character, 32 directions of everything to be as close as possible to a 3D character. I'm thinking firefly would be a much better option for this :-D

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klownzilla: Do you have images of that project you're working on? I remember you were doing some massive 2D postapocalyptic RPG a while back, did it ever get finished?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, even better. A videoclip (No sound though) The fighting at the end is a little random so that's why I keep loading the frame a few times. Also I'm in the middle of fixing the fighting so it's not perfect yet. Ah yeah that postapocalyptic game...I'm thinking about turning what you see in the video into that game...maybe...Not sure yet oh well..enjoy this little piece

https://vimeo.com/306495401