User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Google API Shutdown Dec 6.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google API Shutdown Dec 6.

Does this impact us?
    I got a long list of apps that are using it.

Hello G Suite Developer,
    We found that one or more of your apps is using the Google Drive Android API, which will be shut down on December 6, 2019. Affected apps are listed at the end of this email.
    What's changing?
    On December 6, 2018, we announced that we're simplifying options for developers by retiring the Google Drive Android API. We will focus solely on expanding functionality for the Google Drive REST API.
    If you're new to the Google Drive REST API, it offers all of the same functionality as the Google Drive Android API, including ways to:
    • Share and collaborate as you expect from Drive. You can manage permissions or prompt the Share dialog to users as needed. The REST API additionally allows for commenting on files, allowing your app to interact with the conversation around a file.
    • Search for files using files.list, based on traditional indexing or your own customized, indexable text.
    • Also detect changes to files through the Changes collection, and keep track of file changes, including files from Team Drives that have been shared with the user.
    • Export and convert Google Docs so that your app can open a user's document easily.
    What does this shutdown mean for your app between now and December 6, 2019?
    You will need to migrate your existing applications to other services prior to December 6, 2019. This is when all calls to the Drive Android API and any features in your applications that depend on it will shut down. Note: if you've been using the Drive Android API for its offline sync capability, you can continue to provide an offline-first model by using a SyncAdapter with the Drive REST API.
    We're here to help
    We want to make it easy for you to migrate your applications to use the Drive REST API. To get started, reference this migration guide which details replacements for each of the major services fulfilled by the Drive Android API. Additionally, check out this sample app, which demonstrates each of these proposed replacements. If you have any issues, check out the google-drive-sdk tag on StackOverflow.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    last version does not need google cloud unless you use in your development, can you test this and let me know how it goes at your end
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I did have that enabled due to .... something.. at that time that it was needed..
    Guess would be a simple solution then to turn it off online. Will test it out with 1 of the apps.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received this mail too. I also received another mail, saying that the Google+ sign in feature is getting deprecated and that it should be replaced with the Google sign in authentication feature. I am currently using the GPG cloud object that I bought from this link: https://clickstore.clickteam.com/google_play_games_objects

I am using it to manage cloud saves for my game. Could you please tell me if this object is going to be updated to no longer use the deprecated functions? Google says in the mail that the sign in feature may start becoming non-functional even beginning with 28 january.

Edit: Here is the mail from Google:

Hello Google+ Developer,

We’re writing to let you know that as part of the sunset of the consumer version of Google+, we will be shutting down our Google+ APIs on March 7, 2019. As part of these changes, Google+ Sign-in has been fully deprecated and will also be shut down on March 7, 2019.
    What do I need to know?

On March 7, 2019, all Google+ APIs and Google+ Sign-in will be shut down completely. This will be a progressive shutdown beginning in late January, with calls to these APIs starting to intermittently fail as early as January 28, 2019.
    What do I need to do?

Please update your projects listed below by March 7, 2019 and ensure they are no longer using Google+ APIs. The data below shows which Google+ API methods your projects have recently called.

Note: If you see calls to people.get, these can be the result of using the Google+ Sign-In feature in your application, which is now fully deprecated and is being shut down. Developers should migrate from the Google+ Sign-In feature to the more comprehensive Google Sign-in authentication system.

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the e-mail too that Google+ Api was still being used my all my apps.

All my apps are uptodate with 291.6 and submitted in August.
    They all use the "Get Accounts" option in the App.
    Is that what is triggering it, idk if disabling the Google+ API will do it.. since it will be still in the code then, therefore it might crash(?) idk.. Fernando is the guru for that one

This is a different one than the one I mentioned in the 1st post.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see a new message in the google play console saying that apps that use SMS and CALL_LOG will be removed from play store by january 9, 2019. I Don't use SMS or anything so i'm confused about that and Don't want to see my app removed because of Something i Don't use.
    They says to follow this link to fix it: https://support.google.com/googlepla...answer/9047303

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the Sign-In feature for Cloud Save,
    Recently made and update few days ago. It bugs out as I cannot recover some data... (but I can create a new one no problemo)
    most likely google's fault, as I am already using the same 291.6 build, with no code changes

I have to end cloud save if the Entire Log-In thing becomes a hot mess.
    Please enlighten us or share some experiences

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the SMS and CALL_LOG message on the console, I think it was a Developer Console bug, and not a problem on Clickteam's end. I also received this message, so I unpacked the apk, looked in the manifest, and there is no trace of those permissions. I then searched on Google, to see if anyone else had the problem, and I found this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/androiddev/...policy_change/

Looks like there were other people who got the message too, but most of us only got it once, and then it never appeared again. None of the guys who got it had any of the permissions in their manifests, so hopefully the error was just in sending us the wrong message, and they won't actually make the same mistake when they check for our apps as well...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeean_lion View Post
    Regarding the SMS and CALL_LOG message on the console, I think it was a Developer Console bug, and not a problem on Clickteam's end. I also received this message, so I unpacked the apk, looked in the manifest, and there is no trace of those permissions. I then searched on Google, to see if anyone else had the problem, and I found this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/androiddev/...policy_change/

Looks like there were other people who got the message too, but most of us only got it once, and then it never appeared again. None of the guys who got it had any of the permissions in their manifests, so hopefully the error was just in sending us the wrong message, and they won't actually make the same mistake when they check for our apps as well...
    Thank you for the info

I see the warning after every APK update, then it disappeard..

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @Doberman if you are uploading to google server and you get these message it clear state is because you are using sms and call log permissions, maybe you can explain a little more what extensions are you using, none of the fusion extension set SMS or Call_log permissions.
    @wpd I think they made some change in their server regarding the feature recoded, it shoudl not affect you unless they did something wrong.
    @Nemeean_lion strange if you are using version h, it should not happens since it is not called any google plus api anymore
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast