Thread: Firing while crouched and holding shift does not work properly

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firing while crouched and holding shift does not work properly

Tech Demo 2.mfa
    So, this problem applies with all current weapons in-game, but when crouching, you can shoot normally when pressing left or right (fire key is , and everything works properly, however, if you hold shift while crouching (to aim up) or C (to aim down), while the animation plays, you cannot shoot, and if you let go of shift or C and fire, it plays the aiming up/down animation while shooting straight until uncrouching, and I cannot seem to find the solution for this problem. Can someone help?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance you can point me to the lines you think are problematic?
    I think you're needing help with something around 43-49, but you don't have any comments in the code, and there's loads going on so it's super hard to follow.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I should have thought about that, the lines for crouch shooting at an angle are in the Power Beam group at lines 134-139

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone found the problem, or is it trickier than I thought?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is tricky because you have so much code to sift through already. Also, it is important to name every variable you use, otherwise we can't follow your logic very well. I am confused why you have 2 Samus sprites that you toggle visibility on. Your problem might have something to do with that, since you check for visibility on one of them to make your events work. And since the icon for both is identical, you might have the wrong one in your conditions? I would recommend first changing the icon of one of them ( I usually add a bright red border or something that is clearly visible) and make sure all your events are pointing to the correct object.

As an additional suggestion, You might want to use flags instead of variables for things that only have 2 states (on/off) so you free up the additional variables for other things. For example, weapons only need to be on/off (unlocking them can be done with enabling the weapon's code group based on a saved ini or array value). Also, you might want to simplify your approach a little and control the "state" of Samus is one group early in the event list (at least before your weapon code) and then simply check the state to determine the bullet your shoot. This could be done with a string (less efficient, but easy to read) or a variable (0 = default weapon, 1 = wave beam, etc...) so you aren't relying on so many conditions for shooting.

Sorry I couldn't find the issue, but maybe this will help you get on the right track.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The issue is that crouch diag 2 isn't reading that its playing unless you're holding both C and down . . . same for shift. If you hold down while holding shift he will shoot, but in multiple directions. To fix this open up the animation editor for "Shooting Restored Samus." Navigate to "Crouch Diag" and "Crouch Diag 2" and set the animations to loop for all directions. This will solve most of your issue, but doesn't resolve the issue with samus shooting in multiple directions simultaneously if you hold down while holding X or Shift.

FWIW there are quite a few lines and this engine is very very buggy. IMO you should start from the ground up and approach all issues as you encounter them rather than waiting until you have a serious amount of code laid down. Also, why does it lag when changing suits? Are you using palette swap or something?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Metro reboot mfa that I did, but includes only the first area. It might give you some ideas. Keep in mind it is copyrighted. I will dig it up.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm