User Tag List

Thread: Progressive framerate drop with repeating sequence

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Progressive framerate drop with repeating sequence

At first the framerate is fine with the amount of objects created but after some time the framerate begins to drop. This is evidenced by the Minimum FPS counter gradually falling.

The sequence and amount of objects is controlled (objects are created and destroyed according to a set pattern) so it seems strange that this should happen.

Could this please be looked at?

Thanks so much.

File attached.

Build API: 26
    Phone tested: Samsung Galaxy S5
    Attached files Attached files

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:

Following advice in another thread instead of creating and destroying objects they are now "reused" ie. all objects are created at the start of the frame and nothing is destroyed (file attached).

This seems to solve the issue in this simplified test but I'm still having the same trouble in my actual game.

I will further attempt to isolate the problem.

Meanwhile any idea why creating/destroying objects causes this slowdown?
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spent the past week trying to isolate the issue with no success. The app runs great at 60fps for a few minutes before it slows down to 45, then further down to the 30s.

There's nothing special happening other than there are around 250 objects. It works with no problem sometimes but then I add a simple event that should cause no issues, build the apk and the issue returns.

@Fernando could I please PM you the file or apk?

Build API: 27
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried you example's on my tab s 10.5 and the framerate bounces around between 45-65 always, there's lot of stuttering. I think you problem is just you have to many active objects for android. From my experience above 200 at the same time at the screen is just too much for phones. Maybe try to use more backdrops instead of actives.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What i have always wondered is, there are lot of games on android with beautiful graphics lot of stuff going on that heat up you phone a lot after time, wich shows clearly there is lot of cpu/gpu work going on, but on fusion it does not do that it will always run very cool and stuttery if to much is on screen. I think there is just something by design that limits or holds back phone performance in fusion.
    Would be nice to know if there is something like msi afterburner for android to show the cpu/gpu usage in realtime to get more info?!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I check your example, what i don't like is that you relay on every 1 sec or every 2secs, this command could be precise on PC but in Android, mm not good, could you make a change in your example without using this command for the on each loop and see if this behave in a faster way
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...