User Tag List

Thread: Read/Load paragraphs from text file?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read/Load paragraphs from text file?

While I'm familiar with load & save with INI, I am more looking for a way for a script to load multiple lines at once from a certain text file. In other words, act as an external paragraph format. INI seems to load only 1 line of text/values, which doesn't seem to work in the way that I want to my knowledge.
    Perhaps a way for the new text to replace the current string of paragraph with a new paragraph from a file.

Also, I am using a custom text blitter script for this, so the fonts/text will eventually become graphics in the end, if that changes anything.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you store the entire paragraph as one big string and replace each line break with a special character like "/" or "*", you can load the string back in using the INI object, and then use the substring object to replace each character with a line break again. The substring object is Windows only though if that's a concern, and particularly long strings might be an issue.

Here's a short demo:
    substring example.mfa

Depending on what you're doing with the text, you could also use a fast loop to load in multiple lines of the INI file and store that in a string object (or multiple string objects using something like qualifiers)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I misunderstand you now but can't you load the text file to a listobject and then call which line to display? I do it for dialogs. A simple string object to always display the current line of the listobject

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I found close to what I wanted to do for my idea is by using an object called Textfile object. However, it doesn't seem to work on some exporters.

Basically, the Textfile object does indeed do what I want, though I was trying to find an alternative that could potentially work for all export modules. Or at least most of them if not all, anyway, I guess?