User Tag List

Thread: Problem with scaling objects.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with scaling objects.

Hi everyone, if I set Xscale of object A to 2.1 and then make a condition that "if Xscale of object A = 2.1 then destroy object A, this doesn't seem to work, but I have no idea why, can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong here?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Hi everyone, if I set Xscale of object A to 2.1 and then make a condition that "if Xscale of object A = 2.1 then destroy object A, this doesn't seem to work, but I have no idea why, can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong here?
    If you use something like this instead it seems to work;
    scaler.png

I think this might be something to do with how XScale stores its value, maybe some kind of floating point precision error (i.e. it's not *exactly* 2.1, it might be something like 2.100000001). The problem doesn't happen if you're using whole/integer values.

Weirdly, the same problem happens if you set the object's Alterable Value A to the XScale of the object and check for that instead. This example won't destroy the object
    scaler2.png

The best way I can think of handling something like this though is setting one of the object's values to the scale you want to use, and setting the scale from that Alterable Value. That way you can compare the alterable value itself. This also has the added benefit of working across multiple objects (if you have them) rather than all objects that the 'compare two general values' would scope to.
    scaler3.png

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also round the Xscale value to get rid of the floating point precision error like this: Rounding XScale.mfa

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies guys! I think I'll just use alterable values to set scale, as this seems to work as expected, cheers!