Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44

Thread: Fusion 2.5+ DLC Official pre and post-launch Thread

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    So as long as we select a ttf font for e.g. a string it embeds it automatically?
    In DirectX 11 mode yes. In a future patch there will be an option if you don't want to embed them.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dascribe View Post
    Will probably buy 2.5+ later this week.

I'm just wondering though,
    Do the optimizations impact the performance of the exporters as well?
    Partially and it depends on the application. The "Optimize events" option of 2.5+ is supported by the exporters, i.e. it can speed up your application in some cases (mainly some tests in On Each loops, automatic replacement of OR by OR Logical when this is possible, improvement of condition test order if you don't take care of this yourself already, grouping of some conditions). This doesn't improve all applications though. The Windows runtime got other optimizations, they will be progressively ported to the exporters.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    In DirectX 11 mode yes. In a future patch there will be an option if you don't want to embed them.
    Very nice, custom fonts will be easier to use now. Thanks Yves

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for 2.5+ guys, it's great, the perfomance boost is huge in my case and child events are gold!

Now that we can use behaviors with no constraints, i'm trying to figure out the benefits in terms of speed.

Can someone at Clickteam tell us how the behaviors works inside the runtime and if there is a difference of performances?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is no difference between behaviors and frame events. Behavior events are simply pasted at the end of the frame events (after global events) when you run or build the application.

A couple of mistakes in your benchmark app:

1. You do a On loop "normal" instead of "behav" in the behavior

2. You do not need to multiply the behavior time by the number of objects, the behavior is not executed for each object, it's executed like frame events.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I just saw the error, thanks for the quick answer! So there is no difference for object scoping either I imagine?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Correct, there is no difference.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that I would love is to be able to send objects in the event editor to the left. When I have a big project I can have hundreds of objects so I have to scroll a looong way to find the object I want to work on. If I could just find it, right click on it and select something like "send to left" and it would appear all the way to the left in the order on the event editor it would make things much easier! (Even better if it also would be sorted first when finding objects when refering to objects where you have to find it among all the objects)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Clickteam, congratulations for the release of 2.5+, these are much-asked-for improvements that users have been waiting for years literally. Can't wait to play with them.

Also big thanks to the team for sorting out my Key Conversion request very swiftly this time around. To those who might see this post from a keyword search - yes, at the the time of this writing, the Key Conversion service can be used and it's how I converted my Steam copy of 2.5+ to standalone 2.5+.

Happy Clicking!

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44