Thank you clickteam!
Will Fusion 2.5+ include improvements in all the exporters or Windows only ? I'm asking especially for Child Events.
Of course on all exporters (confirmed by Kisguri on Discord)
I really hope the new features and runtime functions in 2.5+ will get good detailed documentation so we can understand how it works and know how to best use them...
I find that every time I've learned more about how fusion really works under the hood I've been able to produce better logic and get much better results, leveraging the strengths of the engine rather than fighting against it.
Fusion 2.5+ sounds great - the profiler and performance tweaks are especially much appreciated!
I have a few hundred questions but limiting myself to a few that I'd hope to see elaborated upon, if possible
1) Under "Optimizations" in Properties there's "Optimize events". How does it work exactly? (Is there a reason why a user would not always keep this enabled?)
2) If you click a line on the Profiler tab, will it take me to the referred event in the Event Editor? It might sound like a minor thing but in the long run it saves a lot of time spent scrolling through the editor when you have a lot of lines and folders.
3) "A faster Windows runtime with optimized memory use and a DirectX 11 mode" Is it the DX11-part that makes this a faster Windows runtime or are these two different things?
Looking forward to make use of this add-on in my projects!
Very excited about this update, hope to get more details soon!
for dx11 mode we can create very cool shaders))
1. From the forth coming help doc
2.Yes once you are done running the app it breaks down the results in to a tree menu with Frames being the highest branches in them are three more branches, The middle one frame events lists all the frames, clicking one brings you directly to the event in the event editor.The Windows runtime otherwise has been optimized, and a new « Optimize events » option in the application properties even allows you to automatically optimize your events. This option also partially works with non-Windows exporters. This option modifies some events so that they are executed faster. Note : you can disable it if this automatic optimization doesn't work with a specific application.
Another optimization option, « Optimize image size in RAM » allows you to keep images compressed in RAM, saving RAM space. Note : this option may slow down a bit the display when an image has to be loaded to the video RAM, so you can disable it if your application doesn't use lot of RAM.
3. There are options like the "optimization option" above that work regardless of platform or runtime. DX11 is a new runtime in itself.