User Tag List

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2.5+ DLC Official pre and post-launch Thread

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Profiler looks sweet
    Does it always read through the entire app or is it also possible to scope down what it profiles to e.g. a group of events or object?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wouldlike to see a video of the new qualifiers/etc - anything about reusable logic on multiple frames

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies if this has been answered already and I've missed it, but what's the benefit of directX 11? The only differences I remember between dx9 and dx11 games are things like tessellation and and global illumination, which I doubt will be relevant to Fusion games (perhaps firefly). Are there any other specific benefits? Or perhaps general benefits (eg. Faster rendering, better vram usage, or something like that)?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Some of the main benefits to dx11 are faster rendering and ability to use a higher version of pixel shaders.

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, great. Both those things sound very worthwhile

What about DX12 though - is that on the cards? DX11 is ten years old already. I hope we won't have to wait for Fusion 4 in 2029 to see DX12 implementation. Especially since many of the benefits of DX12 - multi-core optimisation, close-to-the-metal API, combining integrated and dedicated GPUs - seem to be be particularly suited to squeezing performance out of mid-range hardware, so the average Fusion developer and/or gamer arguably stands to gain more than most from DX12.

I imagine it would require coding a lot of stuff from the ground up for an engine to take advantage of these kind of low-level features, but that appears to be where the Fusion dev team is at currently anyway.

Anyway, 2.5 is very exciting regardless.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisguri View Post
    Some of the main benefits to dx11 are faster rendering and ability to use a higher version of pixel shaders.
    Kisguri, would be possible to know if you're thinking to adding the negative value to the scale x/y of an active object in order to mirror / flip a sprite?
    This would save a lot of memory usage and time. It's a "standard" function that every development software has, except Fusion.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 to that!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone post some screenshots or a video with the beta, or is it forbidden at the moment ?

I would have a few requests that I consider important:

• Like other users said, please make mirror/flip sprite available for all platforms. I still can't believe this isn't already standard.
    • Port the Viewport object to all platforms. In this way it could be used for split-screen, zoom in or out, minimap, water reflection and much more.
      Or even better, add functions like the ones from Canvas and Paster, but at least port it to all. I've tried making split-screen using Sub-Apps, but eventually I given up due to workarounds and spaghetti code.
    • Webview for Html5 and a way to execute JavaScript directly from the app, without having to edit index.html, or workarounds like https://community.clickteam.com/threads/86014-Tips-Tricks-and-Quirks-I-ve-Found-using-the-HTML5-Runtime . This will be usefull in order to integrate different api like Newgrounds or Kongregate .
      It was started, but no updates since: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/103348-Webview-for-HTML-5

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds great, but to be honest I'm a bit hesitant that it might make some of my existing projects not work properly. You wouldn't think this would be a normal fear (and maybe it isn't) but for reference when I was making Hasslevania 2 which started in MMF1.5 I imported it to MMF2 and had all kinds of things go wrong with it. I had to rework many things and it took months just to get it going correctly again.

I guess I just don't want to have to do something similar with 2.5+, but I want to BELIEVE!

Have you guys imported your 2.5 mfa's over to 2.5+ and seen any weird issues yet?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Concerning negative scaling, This will have to wait for Fusion3 as this will require in 2.5 a complete rewrite of collisions, something we can't afford to do.

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast