User Tag List

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2.5+ DLC Official pre and post-launch Thread

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLC
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's my biggest question too, given how broad an area loading/saving is.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    By the way, does this refer to the editor (ie. loading/saving MFAs) or the runtime (eg. loading assets from EXE into RAM, saving savegame files)?
    It's referring to your application loading/saving in the editor.

But there's also been runtime optimization.

"saving save game files" is broad. You can save many different ways... like INI, Array, etc... How long that takes is really up to how much is being saved and how optimized you make your events. I don't think it's referring to that in any way. Just how long it takes your application to save/load in Fusion editor and also some optimization to how events are handled in the runtime.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Konidias View Post
    ... and also some optimization to how events are handled in the runtime.
    Is that something you know for sure? Runtime optimisations seem much more crucial and interesting to me than the speed of loading/saving mfas, which is perfectly adequate already in my opinion.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that something you know for sure? Runtime optimisations seem much more crucial and interesting to me than the speed of loading/saving mfas, which is perfectly adequate already in my opinion.
    Look in the PDF file from the 1st post. and look at the screen shots... on 1 pic, you will find your answer.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    oooooo! 2.5+ sound awesome! I've hadn't been on the forums for a while so I missed it.

so might as well ask, if there's any chance of...

1) pan sample panning being made available on iOS (as it's greyed out for some unknown reason)
    2) perspective object being ported to iOS (would also mean we could get an accurate conversion of FNAF )

looking forward to this new version

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Look in the PDF file from the 1st post. and look at the screen shots... on 1 pic, you will find your answer.
    Ah yes, I see it now: the "optimise events" checkbox in the last pic? Vague, but tantalising

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes, I see it now: the "optimise events" checkbox in the last pic? Vague, but tantalising
    yup that is right

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also this line:

"A faster Windows runtime with optimized memory use and a DirectX 11 mode"

It's faster

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but that line needn't relate to events per se. Dx11 mode would likely relate to draw calls on the gpu, which happens outside of events. Optimised memory use likewise probably refers to handling sprites and so forth, also independent of events.

Both would make a game quicker without necessarily changing anything about how the events are processed. The events may well be faster in 2.5+, but we have only the vaguest suggestions of that to go on at the moment.

Not a big deal either way though, because the events are pretty quick already in my opinion, and the GPU and RAM side of things are exactly where Fusion needed improvement, so it's great news that 2.5+ has addressed those areas.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know what the optimize events checkbock does exactly, probable it rearranges your conditions to skip intensive ones like collision checks if possible. If your events are already heavily optimized this option will likely not have a huge impact.
    For my project it gives me a gain of about + 10 to + 20 FPS (like 170 FPS vs 150 FPS without optimization checked).
    The screen drawing improvements DX11 vs DX9 are difficult to test right now. DX11 only supports windowed mode atm, real FS will be added in the process tho. Also, a lot of shaders are not ported to work with DX11 yet, so a real comparison is difficult as it will likely be most significant
    on higher resolutions and heavy shader usage. Also, my Win 10 machine forces Vsync atm, if I run DX11 mode, so I cannot unlock the framerate and compare to DX9.

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast