User Tag List

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion 2.5+ DLC Official pre and post-launch Thread

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nivram View Post
    dsilvers. You already have unlimited Alterable Values in CTFusion 2.5

Marv
    yeah you can use more than 26 but you can't give names to the values past 26. At least bumping it up to 64 or 128 named values or something like that would be neato.. I suppose anything is possible in a future update!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilvers View Post
    the only thing i would want more than custom qualifiers is more than 26 named alterable values per active object.
    +1000

yes yes yes yes yes!!!! more Alterable Values names!

will buy it just for this

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, that's why I specifically said "named." Alterable Value 63. is about as useful as Flag 63 back before 2017.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooh, yes. I totally agree. More named altVals would have to be my #1 wish. Being able to drag them to reorder would be fantastic too.

I do use unnamed AltVals out of desperation sometimes, but very, very sparingly. But I didn't even use a single flag ever until they got names in 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    yeah you can use more than 26 but you can't give names to the values past 26. At least bumping it up to 64 or 128 named values or something like that would be neato.. I suppose anything is possible in a future update!
    I think I remember Yves saying once that 26+ named AltVals would be structurally impossible until Fusion 3. Though I guess some of the surprise features of 2.5+ do blur the lines of what seems possible

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realized that the debugger in the latest beta actually shows the next 26 alt vars (AA to AZ). It is kind of annoying because I don't use them and they just take up space. Does anyone know if you can turn them off?
    @Volnaiskra I totally agree with you. Qualifiers and the profiling tools are my biggest feature upgrades in 2.5+. I am sure I will look at child events in the future, but man would it be back breaking to implement them into my 22k event lines now as I am nearing the end of this project. Plus I would still need to get my brain to adjust to using them properly. I have trained myself to avoid global events and behaviors because of their previous limitations, but now I have such a workflow that swapping editors constantly and relearning how to order events properly (for global and behaviors) seems unattractive. I am happy for the people who want these things, but they probably won't help me much.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can say is that once you get going using child events, you really can't imagine being without them

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    I can name them in 2.5+ and have more than 26 in there

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the Global Events still Event-Editor-only in 2.5+, or has list view been implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    I can name them in 2.5+ and have more than 26 in there

Wait, what?! Are you saying that there are now more than 26 AltVals in the properties window, and they're all namable?! And CT didn't think to include that in the list of headline features? Like, as the first item, in size 24 font, bold and underlined and in red? That's madness!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra out of interest is there a reason you don't use globals which of course can be named as many as you like?

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    @Volnaiskra out of interest is there a reason you don't use globals which of course can be named as many as you like?
    Mainly because you can't organise them. Let's say I'm working on movement at the moment. I'm writing some expression, and I want to be able to call to mind relevant variables that relate to movement, and perhaps incorporate some of them into my expression. I go to my sprykeMovement Active Object, and here they all are (well, half of them anyway - I do wish it wasn't split into A-M and N-Z ):

If I used globals, those same variables would be scattered all throughout a huge list of variables. Those that I created at the beginning of the project in 2014 would be near the top, while more recent ones would be miles away near the bottom. I'd end up having to do heaps of scrolling back and forth. I'd never be able to see all my movement variables at a single glance, and I'd struggle to remember what all the relevant ones are, or what exactly they're called.

I see it as the difference between having a cutlery draw, crockery shelf and cookware cupboard versus just having a giant tub with every kitchen item you own tossed into it. If you could rearrange global values or order them alphabetically, that would help a lot, but I'd still prefer the compartmentalisation that the Active Object method brings.

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast