User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wait, do I need a Mac to export CF games to iOS?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Wait, do I need a Mac to export CF games to iOS?

Hello! I develop Clickteam Fusion 2.5 games via my Windows laptop. I don't own any Apple devices, but I'm borrowing an iPad so I can test my game on iOS. According to ClickWiki, I'll need "a Mac running Xcode and a Registration in an Apple Developer Program." Can I test my game on the iPad without a Mac computer? Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep even to get it to an iPad you’ll need a Mac.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, you'll need a Mac (or access to a Mac and someone who will let you use it) to compile the XCode project that Fusion exports. If you don't have one or know anyone who might, a public library or school *might* have one.

Another option is to export your game to HTML5 and upload it to somewhere like itch.io, then playing it on the iPad's web browser. It won't be the same as an app on the iPad but if you're just curious and wanting to test it out/see how it feels on a touchscreen it might be useful.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh-oh! This isn't good. Guess I'll have to think of something. Thanks for letting me know.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Might wanna get the latest mac mini 2018...
    or buy a second hand macbook pro 2012 or later,
    I have macbook pro 2012 got it cheap few years ago, it's kinda slow for today's standard, but it runs latest MacOs mojave and xcode...
    Just upgrade the ram and change the slow harddrive later on if you wanna speed it up...

If you are into upgrading your windows laptop, get a new mac instead, it can run both windows and macOS... (get variant of 256gb minimum)
    Assuming you wont play high end games, if you want to play games in the future, it can be plugged with eGPU for performance...

there's also Hackintosh, but not gonna recommend since it will probably give you more headache than a secondhand mac's money's worth

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also install VirtualBox and run MacOS that way.
    I was able to get it running, compile the code and run it on my iPhone, so I know it works. Last Os I tested is 10.11.
    This solution is for more tech savvy people.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Please note that sadly we can't support "Hackintosh" solutions as they tend to deviate from standard software configuration etc. If you're knowledgeable and can handle the issues it may throw up, you may continue at your own risk...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, everyone, for posting these solutions! Hopefully I can come up with something that works.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by marbenx View Post
    Another option is to export your game to HTML5 and upload it to somewhere like itch.io, then playing it on the iPad's web browser. It won't be the same as an app on the iPad but if you're just curious and wanting to test it out/see how it feels on a touchscreen it might be useful.
    You know, this is probably the best route to take. Once I can confirm the game works properly on HTML5, will it be easy to make an iOS version from it, so easy that I may only need to test the iOS version once (via a borrowed Mac)?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought an old mac but they soon go out of date and Apple block them using the latest versions of XCode. So now I use MacinCloud at $30 a month for each new build. This works fine apart from the fact that you can't connect with a local phone so you have to upload and use test flight every time, which is a complete pain. I still keep looking for people I know who have Mac but they all run PCs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast