User Tag List

Thread: How can I fix "X Coordinate Always focus on the last object"?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I fix "X Coordinate Always focus on the last object"?

I want to make a zombie that follow a player, but the problem is the code only work on the last zombie object I created which will work to the all other zombies.
    I use "X Coordinate" code

How to make it have their own behavior by follow the player by their own?
    (I don't want Hidden Object-Collision/Overlapping Detector Solution)
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A simple and very realistic looking solution could be what I do in Maniakos Mineras. Check this video. This is how it looks like.

You can see that some of them are less aggressive and some of them more.

What I actually do is:

Every xx ms pick one enemy at random - > look at player

Really that's all. Now the aggressiveness is achieved by reducing the xx ms value. This way you kind of giving him a better response. Also to increase difficulty I make the most aggressive enemies faster too.

Another trick I found, is to put an every yy ms event, pick enemy at random and stop him.

Makes him like he is thinking or kind of trying to trick you.

Really, it looks much better than it sounds.

Of course, there are many ways to do it but it really depends on what you want to achieve.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rwh

thx for the advice
    I had used pick at random on different goal but to fix the same problem [Title] (So i forgot this method lol), it work very well but the more object, the less effective.
    I wish it was easy done as Gamemaker (I mean no object focus problem), I never use clickfusion at that time so I buy it and DLC, a lot of other thing is good but "X Coordinate" object focus problem is very ruin the easy use of ClickFusion

I will sub your channel LOL
    LittleCuteThing Channel

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could always use a loop. This way each enemy will look at the player. It is really pretty easy.

You could just do a "for each one" loop and in the loop you "look at" the player.

Check the following code:

chase.png

You can change the timer to achieve a faster response time for the enemies to increase difficulty etc.

Here is the mfa to test on your own.

chase example.mfa

Thank you for the subscription. I will have to add more examples and tutorials! I hope I will find the time. I subscribed too

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use a foreach loop on each character, it's quite simple. I used one of the pathfinding examples from clickstore to have a crowd of skeletons chase a character through rooms and around objects with no issue whatsoever.