User Tag List

Thread: Scoping qualifiers and collisions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scoping qualifiers and collisions

I've come across an unusual issue and I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended behaviour.

So I've got two objects - they both belong to the same qualifier group, but one has a flag "collideswithBG" turned on (the blue object), and the other turned off (the red object)
    qual3.pngqual2.png

My code is set up like this:
    qual1.png

What I *intended* to happen was that the blue object would stop once it hits a backdrop, and the red object would pass through since the flag "collideswithBG" is turned off. Instead, both objects will stop once they hit the background.

However, clicking on the objects works as intended - clicking on the red object won't destroy it since the flag is turned off, and clicking the blue object will destroy it. Oddly, once the blue object is destroyed (the one with the flag turned on), the red object then falls through.

Here's the source: physics_bg.mfa

This is using the physics engine objects/movements, but similar things happen when using the built in non-Box2d bouncing ball movement

(Now, this issue can be fixed quite easily by running a loop on each of the objects every frame and comparing flags within that loop, but it feels like a discrepancy in how scoping works between clicking on an object vs collisions.)

So my question is, is this a bug or intended behaviour?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello @marbenx , did you ever fully understand why it is so strange acting, i have kind of the same issue with physics background and scoping, i don't know what to do!

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105962-How-to-scope-collision-against-physics-background

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not - it seems to only affect qualifiers though. My workaround was to use a two different qualifiers - one just for scoping physics collisions, and another for any other actions rather than a flag (since they didn't need to change at runtime anyway)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you right, looks like the qualifier is the issue in your case. For my issue it is a bit different i guess, but who knows