User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need some help and advice for making a Plants vs Zombies fan game.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some help and advice for making a Plants vs Zombies fan game.

I need help making a Plants vs Zombies fan game, any help, tutorials, or ideas?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I literally just downloaded Clickteam today.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and one last thing, forgot to specify this one. I don't want it to be one lawn only, I do want it to be a full on fan-game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My advice is to start with one element at a time. Start basic and post your examples as you need help. When I first started I used counters to visually see what was happening with stored values (alt values etc.). To begin I would start with the shooting pea's as zombies advance. When you get that working add rows and randomly advancing zombies. You'll need enemy hit values and sub went a collision occurs and you'll need pea hit values for when the zombies attack. Best of luck, maybe someone has attempted a besic example for you to learn from yet if not the best way to learn is to give it a go. There's heaps of tutorials to learn from on this forum, YouTube and castles of Britain.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    My advice is to start with one element at a time. Start basic and post your examples as you need help. When I first started I used counters to visually see what was happening with stored values (alt values etc.). To begin I would start with the shooting pea's as zombies advance. When you get that working add rows and randomly advancing zombies. You'll need enemy hit values and sub went a collision occurs and you'll need pea hit values for when the zombies attack. Best of luck, maybe someone has attempted a besic example for you to learn from yet if not the best way to learn is to give it a go. There's heaps of tutorials to learn from on this forum, YouTube and castles of Britain.
    So, just work on the peas registering zombies and then add the extra stuff? Doesn't sound that hard when you remove the details.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Any way I can add a sort of world map or title screen to that, though? I am following through this one tutorial that has a title screen.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll need to add a new frame put in your map as a background and create some actives that you make invisible as your buttons. Add a condition user clicks with left button on active: jump to game frame. I suggest you play with fusion to learn some basics, by following some of the built in tutorials first. Best of luck if you get stuck after giving it a go, post your example on the forums for help. Also instead of making a picture perfect game straight up; make a mock up with basic actives - an engine of your game, a proof of concept. Then once it's all working add your animations.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    somethingswonrg1.jpgsomethingswonrg2.jpgWhenever I try to save this, this happens

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exporting (saving) from the image editor is a feature of the full version. This is for if you want to create an image in the image editor, and then export and edit it in something like Photoshop etc.

You can save your project as a whole though - that will store any images youve made as part of the project file. So if you save the project itself, when you close and reopen it all the images will still be there

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast