User Tag List

Thread: Firefly: texture offset and crop, can it be done?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Firefly: texture offset and crop, can it be done?

Hi, I'm new to Firefly, I need help with two things...
    Can I crop part of a texture in a plane? After cropping it, would I be able to offset the texture? how?

Thanks in advance!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    might be better trying to describe what you want the end result to be.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2D sprite with animations using only one texture (spritesheet / atlas)
    By cropping it to the size of the sprite and offsetting it, it gives the ilusion of animation.
    It's way better than having a image for every single frame, makes it also easier to import in real time and use custom textures.
    I also believe it's way lighter on RAM and CPU/GPU.

I know this is way simpler to do in a 3D engine (which firefly suppose to be), and since there's no way available to do it in a simple Active, I was counting on firefly to do it.
    I don't want to use another "maker" software just because of spritesheet support... I'm trying to use what's available for fusion to make workarounds.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not 100% sure about the other platforms but I know the HTML5 exporter at least automatically creates a sprite atlas when you export, and chops it up at runtime automatically for all images/actives (if you export a game to HTML5 you can see the texture atlas under the resources folder)

I assume that the other platforms would do something like this too with active objects, and this post from the Fusion 3 blog seems to imply that Fusion 2.5 does this currently

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of.
    In HTML5 runtime you may be able to replace the spritesheet with scripts, but not with others...
    I believe Fusion 2.5 does this internally. It can't be changed or manipulated in real time.

Many people already tried to make a workaround using Text Blitter of importing hundreds of frame from separated images.
    It's slow, have to create many blank frames before, Text Blitter is janky and wasn't made for sprites, so it's not even close to a solution.
    For backdrops I know that Active Picture can load a tileset and paste only a piece of it as a backdrop.
    But this can't be done for animated or active objects.

I know for a fact that textures in 3D models can be easily resized and wrapped in real time to make only part of it visible.
    So that was my thinking: Use Firefly to bypass the limitation of Actives and Text Blitter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using an old software called TexMod I was able to see how Fusion 2.5 handles active sprites in Windows runtime.
    Aparently, no, it doesn't use spritesheets or texture atlas, it's all separated images.

If you use TexMod with any game that uses spritesheets / texture atlas, it will show the full image with all sprites and animations.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuuriokun View Post
    Kind of.
    In HTML5 runtime you may be able to replace the spritesheet with scripts, but not with others...
    Ahhh sorry I misunderstood, I misread your post as a memory management concern and not as wanting swappable sprite atlases at runtime