User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fusion games saving causing micro freezing on new computer

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you disabled all saving in one of your apps? Just to make sure this issue is really related to writing data.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    Have you disabled all saving in one of your apps? Just to make sure this issue is really related to writing data.
    I am sure it has to do with save data now because I have made an isolated example that only have an event to save value "1" and I do get the micro freeze then. There are many strange things around it though, it does not seem to happen every time, and it seems to only happen when writing a new number. For example if I set it to write value 1 it will make a micro freeze, but if i close the application and start it again and make it save the value 1 again no freeze is present (or save over and over the same number). However If I close the application and change the event to save a value of "2" instead the freeze happens the first time the new number is saved. But not every single time so there is inconsistency there also. Also if I have an always event to always save random numbers no freeze seems to happen. I am completely at a loss as to why this is happening

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with you here, from my understanding of how data access works this makes no sense at all. The only thing I could possibly think of is that data that has not been altered is skipped by Fusion, although the save-event formally triggers. That woul actually be a smart thing in case of peformance handling, but CT would need to confirm this. Another point you could look into is virus scannes, maybe an extra security layer exists on your machine that causes a bottleneck and checks data operations before execution. In case super strange things have occured with my games in the past there was often a virus scanner to blame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    I'm with you here, from my understanding of how data access works this makes no sense at all. The only thing I could possibly think of is that data that has not been altered is skipped by Fusion, although the save-event formally triggers. That woul actually be a smart thing in case of peformance handling, but CT would need to confirm this. Another point you could look into is virus scannes, maybe an extra security layer exists on your machine that causes a bottleneck and checks data operations before execution. In case super strange things have occured with my games in the past there was often a virus scanner to blame.
    Wow, this is getting even stranger. I don't have any virus scanner installed, besides windows own protection. However it seems that if I go and turn off windows real time protection I don't get any of these micro stutters anymore. However the strange thing is that it also seems like I can turn it back on after I turn it off and i still don't get those stutters. This reversts if I restarts the computer though. So the "solution" seems to be to go into windows security and toggle realtime protection off and then on again every time I start the computer. (??? :S :S :S)

I have not tested this fully enough though to know that turning it off and then on really solves it completely but it seems like it from quick testing now. This is not really a solution though since if this starts happening to players I can't tell them to go and fiddle with their realtime windows protection. Especially not since it seems fusion games sometimes get false positives from virus programs which have caused a bit of suspicion in my games forums from time to time about players thinking the games having virus.

I am totally confused by this.

I have uploaded the mfa I test and also a video showing the problem as best as I could record. I restart the app 9 times and out of these 9 times I get 3 micro freezes. As can be seen in the video also, if the freeze occurs it only occurs on the first instance of the save (I am holding down right mouse button to save over and over again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8m7...ature=youtu.be
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Modern systems tend to have modern antivirus which usually actively scan files especially if it has anti ransomware which is very HDD heavy. Saving a small ini shouldn't be noticeable maybe it's saving multiple times. I recommend using process monitor to monitor what's going on when you save.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danworth View Post
    Modern systems tend to have modern antivirus which usually actively scan files especially if it has anti ransomware which is very HDD heavy. Saving a small ini shouldn't be noticeable maybe it's saving multiple times. I recommend using process monitor to monitor what's going on when you save.
    The issue with this though is that I don't see this problem anywhere else when I play normal games etc. I only get it from my fusion games. Also in the example if the micro freeze happens it only happens on the first instance of the save even if saving continously every frame efter it so there is no issue with saving multiple times (though how it would be a problem to save 1 single value multiple times in the first place I dont see). This is only in my isolated example app though, in my real apps that save different things at different times I get micro freezes at different times during having the game open.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a look at your .mfa. As expected freezes don't happen on my end, I'm running an updated Win 10 with real-time protection too. The ini is saving correctly to the AppData directory. Have you tested if the freezes are happening too when saving array data? Would be an interesting thing to know. I use arrays only and just realized that ini is auto-saving without the user having to specify a saving action and path like with arrays. Maybe this auto-handling of ini files causes the issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2