User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fusion games saving causing micro freezing on new computer

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Fusion games saving causing micro freezing on new computer

I have just bought a new monster computer (RTX 2080 Ti, Core i9-9900K etc etc) , but for some reason when I test my Fusion games they have micro freezing and from what I can see it seems to happen mostly when saving (to an ini) though not every time. It is like the game just freezes for like half a second and then continues and it is extremely frustrating. I don't have any problems with regular games I am playing on the computer. Anyone know what it can be and how I can solve it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not that good at inis, since I just started learning it, but it seems that you are saving a lot of items, strings, etc. However, I'm not sure if this is the problem, because you haven't stated the amount of items, strings, etc.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    I have just bought a new monster computer (RTX 2080 Ti, Core i9-9900K etc etc) , but for some reason when I test my Fusion games they have micro freezing and from what I can see it seems to happen mostly when saving (to an ini) though not every time. It is like the game just freezes for like half a second and then continues and it is extremely frustrating. I don't have any problems with regular games I am playing on the computer. Anyone know what it can be and how I can solve it?
    CF2.5 is an older program, maybe it just isn't as compatible with your new rig than the other games you've been playing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does not solve it for now, but with the new profiler of upcoming 2.5+ you'll at least be able to spot what exact events cause this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems unusual - a couple things to check off of the top of my head (unless you've already checked them!):

- How much data are you saving at once? Does this happen even with a brand new project and saving a single value?
    - Are there any other events (e.g. several fast loops at once) that happen at the same time?
    - If you compile the game to an EXE file and test, does the same thing happen?
    - Do you get any other slowdown when copying and pasting files to the same directory? (By default, %appdata%/MMFApplications/(file name).ini)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrknd94 View Post
    I'm not that good at inis, since I just started learning it, but it seems that you are saving a lot of items, strings, etc. However, I'm not sure if this is the problem, because you haven't stated the amount of items, strings, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_Duio View Post
    CF2.5 is an older program, maybe it just isn't as compatible with your new rig than the other games you've been playing.

Quote Originally Posted by marbenx View Post
    That seems unusual - a couple things to check off of the top of my head (unless you've already checked them!):

- How much data are you saving at once? Does this happen even with a brand new project and saving a single value?
    - Are there any other events (e.g. several fast loops at once) that happen at the same time?
    - If you compile the game to an EXE file and test, does the same thing happen?
    - Do you get any other slowdown when copying and pasting files to the same directory? (By default, %appdata%/MMFApplications/(file name).ini)

I am still experimenting more with this to find out what is wrong. The number of saved items or fastloops is not the problem since I never had any issue with this before either with my old computers or laptops and this new computer is one of the most powerful on the market. Also I tried one of my previous games Plantera that is out on Steam and I have this issue there also that the game gets micro freezes. About not being compatible with the rig that sounds very strange? How can one of the most powerful computers on the market with the latest new Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti card have problems with a simple 2d game? Do anyone else have similar hardware and can test out if they also have this problems with my game? If it is indeed an incompatibility in hardware it is worrying since while I have not heard any of these complains from my gamer base yet who play the games, I imagine most of them does not have the latest hardware yet.

I will test more and see if I can isolate it more and exactly when the issue appears since it does not seem to be completely reliable as sometimes it saves without problem and then other times it gets the micro freeze.

"- Do you get any other slowdown when copying and pasting files to the same directory? (By default, %appdata%/MMFApplications/(file name).ini)"

By this marbenx, do you mean "copy and paste" manually or with a regular ini write from within Fusion?

I actually save in this case to C:\Users\*myuser*\AppData\Roaming\inifile

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    About not being compatible with the rig that sounds very strange? How can one of the most powerful computers on the market with the latest new Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti card have problems with a simple 2d game?
    As weird as it may sound, I can get better performance with my old computer running Windows XP than one of my newer ones. Maybe CF2.5 was just optimized to work with the older O/S originally. Case in point: One of my games I had made on my XP computer ran great but when I moved it over to my Windows 8 machine the whole thing ran like slow motion. One of these other guys might know a better answer for you, I'm not sure why exactly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had similar issues but with an array, and that was because i had 512 y or z dimensions where 95% were empty. I dont know what you are saving to the ini but if it's really freezing it's because it's saving a huge chunk at the same time. Remember that empty lines are still data that needs to be written.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    I had similar issues but with an array, and that was because i had 512 y or z dimensions where 95% were empty. I dont know what you are saving to the ini but if it's really freezing it's because it's saving a huge chunk at the same time. Remember that empty lines are still data that needs to be written.
    That is not the case though, I don't save a huge chunk, and I have tested even previous games I made that is up on Steam and I get micro freezes in them also.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Del_Duio View Post
    As weird as it may sound, I can get better performance with my old computer running Windows XP than one of my newer ones. Maybe CF2.5 was just optimized to work with the older O/S originally. Case in point: One of my games I had made on my XP computer ran great but when I moved it over to my Windows 8 machine the whole thing ran like slow motion. One of these other guys might know a better answer for you, I'm not sure why exactly.
    That sounds like something that needs to be addressed then since I have never heard of getting worse performance with a better computer? That has certently never happened to me that I upgraded to a better computer and got worse performance in games.

I am still trying to pin point exactly when it is happening as it seems very inconsistent. It does seem to happen upon saving, but not every single time. Also there seems to be no frame rate drop, but rather the frame rate counter freezes a long with the rest of the game and then continues. Have also tried to run some really performance heavy AA games on the system on ultra settings like Witcher 3 and Ghost Recon Wildlands etc to see if it is not something that also happens with my non fusion games, but I don't have any issues there as it seems to only happen with my fusion games.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast