User Tag List

Thread: Help with wierd animation sync problem

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Help with wierd animation sync problem

I have come across a really wierd problem to something very basic that I just cant get to work right. I am trying to sync up the animation frame with one object to another object, but if I change the actual animation sequence of the object and then sync up the animation again it does not sync correctly.

I have made an example to demonstrate. At the start of the frame I de-sync the object just for clearity. If you hold down the right mouse button the object sync up to the other object and it works good as expected. However if you press the left button the animation is changed to the running animation (exactly the same though with same speed) and now if you sync up by holding the right button it works only as long as you hold the actual button down. As soon as you let go the object de-syncs for some reason that I can't understand?

It does seem to have something to do with changing the animation sequence and that cause something to screw up. Anyone know why and how I can solve this?

(I am using latest version of Fusion R291.6)
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    I have come across a really wierd problem to something very basic that I just cant get to work right. I am trying to sync up the animation frame with one object to another object, but if I change the actual animation sequence of the object and then sync up the animation again it does not sync correctly.

I have made an example to demonstrate. At the start of the frame I de-sync the object just for clearity. If you hold down the right mouse button the object sync up to the other object and it works good as expected. However if you press the left button the animation is changed to the running animation (exactly the same though with same speed) and now if you sync up by holding the right button it works only as long as you hold the actual button down. As soon as you let go the object de-syncs for some reason that I can't understand?

It does seem to have something to do with changing the animation sequence and that cause something to screw up. Anyone know why and how I can solve this?

(I am using latest version of Fusion R291.6)
    It's certainly is strange yet it could be how it's intended to behave - a simple way of getting animations to sync would be nice. I've played with your example and tried various changes. There doesn't seem to be an easy solution, I've put an example fix in the mfa yet I'm sure it's nothing you wouldn't have come up with. I've commented on several examples to highlight how I think certain actions are playing out. I hope it helps, yet it probably only isolates the problems your faced with.

WierdSync fix.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah soo helpful as always aenever I remember when you helped me out with my game's problem, you are a legend around Clickteam Fusion 2.5 forums, why if you had not been here for us, well just thanks for everything.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's to do with the animation sequences in the animations list not in sync. You've deleted the stopped animation which only has one speed variable, the other animations have both a higher and lower speed settings. The easy fix is to create an active with a stopped animation and be sure to have your named animations in the same numerical order as each other, i.e if on active 1 you have 'running' as your third animation, be sure it is the third on active 2.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graeme2408 that's a great find. However, your solution thankfully isn't limited to the stopped animation, it actually has nothing to do with the high or low speed variable (which is good, otherwise it would be very limiting) as long as the animation numbers line up (animation order match in the animation list) it will work. Your example did reinforce what I found, that if the animations are out of sync there's no way to get them in sync without an always event that forces the frame to match. But what a elegant solution you found, to force the sync by changing the animation type in the same condition (as long as they share the same animation number they sync perfectly).

Without the same animation, there must be a microsecond difference that will put animations with a different animation number out of sync. By the way I've also discovered that naming a new animation the same as an existing animation (built in animation name) it causes issues with animation being triggered e.g. it's best not to use 'Running' as it already exists as an animation type. & thanks FalconsoftIndustries for the kind words.

WierdSync fixed 2.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    it actually has nothing to do with the high or low speed variable (which is good, otherwise it would be very limiting) as long as the animation numbers line up (animation order match in the animation list) it will work.
    Thanks, that's good to know

Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    By the way I've also discovered that naming a new animation the same as an existing animation (built in animation name) it causes issues with animation being triggered e.g. it's best not to use 'Running' as it already exists as an animation type.
    I found that too.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I am not sure I fully understand it but it seems then that I need an always event after all to always update the syncing then?