User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UWP and keyboard events

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UWP and keyboard events

The keyboard events (input pressed, repeat while input is pressed) are totaly laggy on UWP apps!
    It's un playable. Works fine on CF2.5 but When i create the package for Windows Store and install it on my Surface Book, the keyboard input are just responding randomly.
    The game isn't slowing own, and touch features or mouse features (with touch object) works.

I'm releasing my app to Windows Store and i know that all people that Don't own a Touch Screen will hate my game because they can't play with their keyboard...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you running it from Visual Studio? If so, are you running it Release Mode? It's silly, but it might make a difference.

Never really cared for the default key stuff in Fusion. The Key Object always gets me the best results, but it doesn't work with UWP.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said, the problem remains also in the "installed" version. Not only from VS (that is too slow for consistent tests of course).
    There is a problem with the keyboard extension i guess.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that there is the same problem with mouse clicks. (Mouse events)

The Multiple Touch object works fine, even if we use a mouse, but as it's designed for a touch screen, the controls are like impossible to handle with the mouse and i can't provide anything else because of those bugs.
    I've tried to add a real mouse support where the player use left click to jump and right click to shoot, it works fine on CF but doesn't work fine (lags, bugs) When exported to UWP, as for keyboard…

It's really disappointing to not be able to propose a different control system for people who Don't own a touch screen

Sans titre.png

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes.

Have you tried fiddling with the Virtual Mouse settings?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that the virtual mouse is just here to emulate the mouse When there is no mouse. But actually i would like to get the keyboard to work properly, that will solve everything i guess as keyboard/mouse is the same event.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Fernando , can you please give a hint or something so i can try to solve this issue by myself? It's really strange that the keyboard doesn't respond correctly on a UWP made for a PC.
    My game is laggy on Xbox One, but perfect on PC and the controls are perfect with the xbox game pad and laggy/unresponding with the keyboard... It's really annoying!

Even if i do a blank frame with a single keyboard event, the key pressed will not works everytime i press it and sometimes it will be detected with a long delay and even not detec that the key is released.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    can you send me in a zip your UWP project for me to test here?

send me a link by Pm for me to dowload
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you install the last SDK in VS2017? i've uninstalled VS 2019 as it's useless and it uninstalled the last win10 SDK...
    I can only find older SDK with the VS2017 installer.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sadly after today update
    the version mentioned is not there anymore , but is working here.

In Visual Studio Installer if you have both version Np, just choose modify for the 2017

Go to Individual Component and seek for them starting with W almost at the bottom.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast