User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cauldron C64 remake - (test flight)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the looks of this :-D

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownzilla View Post
    Love the looks of this :-D
    Thanks Klownzilla, I've almost finished the Top world (Scrolling part of the game). I only have to animated the Cave entrance doors and add the Sharks and maybe some variation for the placement of keys at the start of the game. I'll update my progress soon. I might even post a demo of the first world for those that want to try the progress and compare to the original (if you've ever played Cauldron on an old 8bit console).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonjour allez vous faire la même difficulté que l originale ?
    Hello will you make the same difficulty as the original?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitaineCaverne View Post
    Bonjour allez vous faire la même difficulté que l originale ?
    Hello will you make the same difficulty as the original?
    Great question CapitaineCaverne, my plan is to make it a challenge, yet as the original game 'Cauldron' was renowned for being the most difficult game on C64 ever I'll to ease up on the difficulty to make it a bit more appealing. Here's a sneak peak of the latest update. The top world is now complete . I might still adjust the hit damage of certain enemies, yet the major design has finished. Now onto the platform levels.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cauldron C64 Fusion 2.5 Remake - Aqua Key Crypt finished

Top world and First Crypt complete. So much fun, only 3 Crypts to go

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonjour cool je voie que vous avais pas garder le mode de déplacement de la camera originale ni le déplacement du personnage ça sera mien stressant il aura pas de clavier et manette qui passeront par la fenetre.
    Hello cool I see that you had not keep the mode of movement of the original camera nor moving the character it will be mine stressful he will have no keyboard and controller that will go through the window.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks glad you like the update. The game would be unplayable if the the original one screen at a time and static camera was kept the same. To keep the same feel I’ve added a player fall condition that kills the witch if the player falls too far from one platform to another. After losing a life the witch will always spawn to the last safe platform. I’ve added a slight fix that will centre the witch after each respawn (you might notice in the video that dying on the edge of a platform caused some unwanted extra deaths. Still, I’m happy with the out come won’t be long and I’ll put up a demo.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love how this game looks! Really nice, also is this original music?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rosse119 View Post
    No the tunes aren't mine. The start splash screen starts with the original tune, and then morph's into an updated mix on the second loading screen. I'll give full credits at release. I've changed up minor things to improve the play-ability, yet at its heart it's a remake. I've updated the color pallet, and it's been a real chore to remake the pixel art; yet it's also been worth it because it's looking pretty good so far. The original game 'Cauldron' by Palace Software is classified as abandon-ware; otherwise I wouldn't even be attempting to recreate it, as I'd probably get into legal trouble.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rosse119 View Post
    The tune was remixed by the very talented Pixelizer, you can find his work on Soundcloud. I’ve been given permission to use in my remake

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast