User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Texts are totally weird on UWP

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Texts are totally weird on UWP

Games ported to UWP have a big problem with texts, as you can see on the screenshots, on UWP the texts aren't in place.
    It's only one object using multi line (the problem is the same with String object and Active System Box). It seems that there is a problem with spacing.

CF:
    version-CF.png

UWP
    version-UWP.png

On android we get the same as CF, on IOS there is a little difference in spacing too, but we can make a workaround for this version (but it asks more works…).

I really would like that texts are Always the same on every version (CF, Android, iOS, UWP), that will makes things easier.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add informations, on CF (and android) the texts are 12px height, and spacing betweend two line of text is 10px height.
    So When i want to recover a line to underline it with an active object, i just need to find what line number it is and do Something like "line_number * 22".
    On iOS, i need to replace "22" to "21.6" to get Something that works, if not, the underline is misplaced.

On UWP, texts are 12px height, but spacing are 15px height, and that's the problem.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    can you send me a small mfa showing this issue so i can see here
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a small MFA with the same text.
    On the left, the text object (i use Active System Box as it is my favorite for texts but it's the same with String object), on the right an active object of this text for reference.

uwp-text-multiline-bug.mfa

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Any chance to get a fix soon? My app is already available on Microsoft Store and i would like to update it to fix this text problem.

Thank you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you considered using a separate string for each line? It might be a little messy, but it might work for this.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i reviewed this, the code is filtering the new lines, that why is not the same but also javascript introduce some different aspect due to the font height so it make look like 10 pixel height difference for the whole test, I will need more time to dig why is this happening

===============================

Capture.PNG
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Fernando

Quote Originally Posted by raxabit View Post
    Have you considered using a separate string for each line? It might be a little messy, but it might work for this.
    There is too much text, and if you use too much objects the app will be slower. And as this is not a native UWP project but a port of my Android app, i need the texts to works as on Android to makes ports easier.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen on my Xbox that the font i used isn't loading and i get a poor generic font instead, how can i add my custom font to my UWP app like my Android and iOS apps? (i know that i will use graphic font for future games, it seems to be a better tool).

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    I've seen on my Xbox that the font i used isn't loading and i get a poor generic font instead, how can i add my custom font to my UWP app like my Android and iOS apps? (i know that i will use graphic font for future games, it seems to be a better tool).
    Graphic font object seems to perfectly do the job

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast