User Tag List

Thread: Change speed of Physics Engine possible?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Change speed of Physics Engine possible?

Hey,
    does anybody know, is there is a way to change the speed of the physic engine?
    For example i shoot an arrow with physic static movement and now i want to "make slow motion" or "speed up" effects without changing the speed, gravity or travel curve of the arrow, but for that i would actually need to speed up or slow down the physics engine itself.

Is this possible somehow?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One way I can think of is changing a value or toggling a flag every single frame tick, and using the pause/resume event of the physics engine.

Here's an example using the spacebar key to slow down:

It's a quick solution but there are a couple downsides:
    - fast moving objects will 'stutter' more obviously than slow moving objects
    - the rate at which it's slowed down (in this example) is a static 50% with no wind up/wind down

You could 'tune' the slowmo so instead of turning the physics off every 2nd frame it does it every 3rd or whatever, but that will also make the stuttering more obvious

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @marbenx for the suggestion i will check it out.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves , hello if you read this maybe you could add an option to the physics object that we can control its timescale and set its framerate. Hope its possible because its a really missing feature. Thx.