User Tag List

Thread: Google Play extension help (retreiving scores)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google Play extension help (retreiving scores)

Hi All,

I'm having a bit of trouble with the google play games extension. I'm sure I've done the dev console part correct but when I try and access scores it just shows up an infinite loading screen in my app.
    SmartSelect_20190221-144900_Google Play Games.jpg

I'm also trying to change a string to the name of the top scorer for the game and a counter object to that player's score. (Is this something I am able to do?)

Could someone please have a look at my code below and let me know if I am calling it correctly? (I wasn't sure if it is a good idea to publicise the entire code for the leaderboard so I have blanked out half of it.)
    Clipboard011.jpg

If you need more information, please let me know.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    why are you collection only one or at least 10.

also

why are you sending and immediately read teh leaderboard , my suggestion si to wait for sending was Ok and then read, and btw read leaderboard shoudl not be related to read leaderboard.

explain myself: sending data to leaderboard is a gaming thing/concept , read a leaderboard is a user thing/action
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Fernando, thanks for your reply.

So this screen happens after the game is finished. It displays your high score as a counter object and the idea was to display the top score from the leader board only and when clicked on, it would bring up the leaderboard ui.

It sends the player's score to the leaderboard at the start of the frame but I don't think that's the problem as on the title screen of the game I try the same call but without sending a score to the leaderboard.

The leaderboard never finishes loading when I bring up the ui (even after 10 minutes) either on this screen or on my title screen so I'm assuming I'm not calling it properly.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    yes the problem is that you read the leaderboard just after submit the score.

do it to be sure you did submit the score

use On Score Submitted to be sure the score is received by google server, then

read leaderboard, wait for leaderboard with this ID is read, and then set counter to top-score
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...