User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to load resource package?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    add the zip file to the Binary Files tab in the Data Elements editor, and then in the events you can extract it to a temp file with the Extract Binary File function (you can retrieve the temp filename with the BinFileTempName$(pathname) expression) - do not forget to call Release Binary File so that the temp file is deleted when you no longer need it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's exactly what I did(except putting it in a zip, i just added the obj file immediately to try it out and moving the exe to a different folder than where i kept the mfa and the model file "D:\Firefly\pole.obj" made it work, but if i deleted the obj file itself from the d:\firefly folder it wouldn't work. If it's been embedded in the exe I should be able to delete the model file right? Or could it be so simple becsuse I'm running the exe from the computer where I made the application and it tries to locate that file? Maybe it will work if I try it on a different comp. I suspect that I might have to use the apppath$ command in the event editor as well, not D:\firefly\pole.obj when extracting the binary ? Sorry I've never fiddled around with this binary stuff before

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not D:\firefly\pole.obj

the pole.obj should be in .exe or in the zip

if zip

load resource as BinFileTempName$("resources.zip")
    then load object as "pole.obj"

if just the obj

then load object as BinFileTempName$("pole.obj")

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm ok gonna take a look again but when I chose the pole.obj file...the path in binary became d:\firefly\pole.obj automatically

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont choose it - hit use expression and just type "pole.obj" or BinFileTempName$("pole.obj")

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna take a crack at it and see how it goes.i feel like a moron.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klownzilla. Please don't feel like a "moron". There is nothing moronic you are asking about.

Marv
    ​455 MMF2 & CTF 2.5 Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha thanks Marv! It's not that bad but it feels like it should be so straightforward...i understand what to tell fusion to do. Add file to binary...i choose the obj file which is located at d:\Firefly\pole.obj how else can I add that file if I don't first choose from where? And then the binary file path also becomes d:\firefly\pole.obj i don't get from where i should add the obj file if not from its current location

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownzilla View Post
    i understand what to tell fusion to do. Add file to binary...i choose the obj file which is located at d:\Firefly\pole.obj how else can I add that file if I don't first choose from where? And then the binary file path also becomes d:\firefly\pole.obj i don't get from where i should add the obj file if not from its current location
    ok so let me try to explain the logic :-

you add the file pole.obj from your hard drive @ d:\firefly\ to binary

so now its [game.exe]/pole.obj

when you run your game you need to extract it from [game.exe]/pole.obj to memory using the Extract Binary File function.

so now its [memory]/pole.obj

so to load it in your game you need to convert [memory] to something usable luckily Clickteam give you BinFileTempName$()

normally you click load object and get a popup asking where on your harddrive to load the model from - becuase you dont want it from your hard drive (as its in memory) you need to hit "USE EXPRESSION" which is in the lower right of that popup

once in there you write BinFileTempName$("pole.obj")

so now when the game comes to load the object it will look in memory for your file and not in your harddrive.

but i agree dont feel like a moron, new things are here to challenge us everyday, i and many others will be here to answer your questions regardless of how "easy" or "hard" they may seem, to you they are stepping stones.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah I thank you so much for all the help. I'm away on work stuff so i haven't been able to try yet. No i'm not a moron haha. I made a fully functioning turn based battle system in 3 weeks (few hours per night only) as a template so it could be used for any rpg, just replace the graphics and made it work sooo good...and this binary stuff gives me problems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2