Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to load resource package?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to load resource package?

Ok I've been playing around with firefly a bit...I can't redistribute any 3d models so I must keep them in a password protected zip. Load resource package does nothing. I point to a zip file but how to make the static mesh object actually load the file?...the scene is just empty

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    download the disaster at firefly station free source - that uses a password protected zip file - any q's after that let me know.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got ya! Gonna check it out. Thanks! I don't like this feeling of being a newbie again haha. In 2D Fusion I know how and what to do with most things

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm I contacted Smith Micro, the creators of Poser and it seems i can only use their models if I can embed the actual model files into the games exe. Is it possible to embed models in binary or whatever?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can add any file into the binary data of your .exe - either as zip - or as .fbx.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allright then, all should be well then, loading a mesh that way instead of using a resource pack zip shouldn't make any difference? :-D

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally id still put them behind a passworded zip aswell

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ok Why's that? They told me that i must embed the models to be allowed to use them in a gameotherwise it was considered as redistribution of copyrighted material. Do you mean a pw protected zip + as binary perhaps?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah - there are some people who like to rip files and source from .exe's - at least this way if they do they still need to crack your encrypted file afterwards

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ok! I played around with the binary stuff. I kind of got it working...building an exe then move it to a different folder and run it (Otherwise the model doesn't load). The mesh object is loaded correctly if the exe is moved to a different location, however...If I delete the actual model file where I keep my mfa the built exe stops loading the model...so....it doesn't really embed the file or what am I doing wrong? :S

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast