User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated game creator seeking help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frustrated game creator seeking help!

Hello,
    I want to create games, I don't mean commerical games. I have no interest in that. I just want to create games for myself and only simple games too.

But I am a very VERY frustrated game creator. why? Well I bought Game Maker Studio over a year ago and having watched probably 100-140 videos on it and tried to do many things, I always failed. My last game idea, a platform game like the 1980's donkey kong. but I couldn't even get ladders working with my player at all, and I spent weeks on trying the code out, recoding it and looking up tutorials. Nothing worked for me.

So after well over a year of frustration, today GMS has been uninstalled. I'm sure it's a fine product for expert coders, but it is not beginner friendly and their official forum is very beginner unfriendly and rather elitist.

anyway. my question!

Even though I failed with GMS, I still have the urge and need to create games for myself, so after much searching online I found Fusion (I did find others first but they have a yearly subscription and I hate that. I want to buy software and own it, not rent it)

but before I throw money at Click Team, I am posting here to ask, is this right for me? or is it going to be too hard to use like GMS was?

I really am happy to spend time learning to use it and I don't expect to turn out a donkey kong game in a month lol. but just how easy is this software to use?

Thank you and I welcome your input and ideas.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve, welcome to the forums!

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 is one of the easiest game development tools to learn. You can design your games or apps in the visual frame editor, then jump over to the event editor to create 'events' on stuff happening.

It even includes some built-in movements to speed up development times (such as platform with auto-ladder capability).

I recommend you download the free version here first. It's only limited by size, all the basic features are already there. Once you have downloaded and installed that, there are some free tutorials you can access here and here and here.

These are the most helpful and experienced forums around and the community is awesome. Once you're ready to dive into the deep end, there are available courses online too. We also have a Discord channel which you can access here.

Danny
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Oh and it's that easy you could churn out a donkey kong game in a week... ��

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A ten year old can code in Fusion. It's that simple lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Oh and it's that easy you could churn out a donkey kong game in a week... ��
    What!? That sounds mind blowingly amazing. My main issue with GMS (and gml) is that on average 90% of my time was spent debugging my code or trying to figure even simple things out and only 10% of my time was spent on actually working on my game. Which was staggeringly frustrating for me anyway.

I will try the free version, thank you. but if it's even 20% as easy to learn as you say, then I'll be buying the full version.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danny, thanks for your help again.
    I have one last question if you have the time.

I have been looking at the online course site you linked and it looks perfect for me, however I'm disabled and on a very tight budget so I can really only afford one course right now,
    which do you recommend I buy?

Ball Bounce Arcade course
    Build a space shooter course
    or game dev crash course?
    (I'm guessing the ball bounce one as the dev crash course might be too much too soon?)

Thank you

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you jump into Clickteam fusion, get the free version first, watch almightyzentaco tutorial videos. Try to follow them if possible, some tutorials may not work on the free version.
    You can also watch Clickfusion Academy free videos. When you like his tutorial style you can purchase the Lifetime membership and watch all tutorials.

Good luck.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also disabled physically. You can watch ZenTacos tutorials, their brilliant. I've learnt a lot from his tutorials. I also watched Sparckman's tutorials until he deleted them all. :-( But anyway, I wish you the best of luck.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hey Steve,

Those courses are probably best for after you got your feet wet. I would recommend the platformer course first and work your way up on from there... https://oneclick.training/build-plat...eam-fusion-25/

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Danny,

Thanks for sharing an amazing guide with us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast